MT3 Retro -- It's happening, boys and girls!

Can’t say I’m too surprised after that little PR hurricane a while back - I would be curious to see a timeline on the numbers there, and how much cancellations factored into the set not hitting MOQ. First set in a while that hasn’t reached it on Drop, not to mention in general, hobby-wide - I’m inclined to believe it had, and then fell back below the threshold due to refund requests.

Bit of a shame; I think MT3 was almost perfectly suited for the set (assuming it had eventually included the color options the fans were clamoring for). Perhaps another profile can take up the mantle! MTNU? URSA Major & Minor? All three? :3

1 Like

Bet it would have made MOQ with brown mods… ha

5 Likes

U can’t help thinking about this as some kind of retaliation :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It is probably a more expensive set to produce with the front legends, but they gave it fairly standard MT3 pricing. If they can’t sell enough at that price sadly I don’t we will see them run in MT3.

Brown mods would have helped for sure, as would have a few small changes to kitting.

2 Likes

Matt3o has said it’ll likely rerun this winter with all-brown mods (and possibly a Commodore key, if they can get the rights) as a limited edition, one-off sale.

5 Likes

Just note that there’s no brown 7u spacebar in this AFSA kit. Wish I doubled checked before ordering a few weeks back but hopefully they’ll release a spacebar pack at some point for us WKL enjoyers.

1 Like

The saga continues. MT3 Retro may be cancelled but it is being considered for matt3o’s new double shot profile.

4 Likes

d0rp screwing up their relationship with matt3o hopefully works out in his favor so he can have more creative freedom.

Im kinda glad theres really nothing else drop sells that I want cause honestly im done shopping with them

The only downside is that I believe he is working with GMK to manufacture the new profile - so look forward to long queue times!

Though maybe not, as he would be the only one using the new molds for awhile.

2 Likes

glad I got the brownish command65 :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other color way he teased is called CGA after the 4 color palette of old PC games.

6 Likes

The new profile is sculpted, not uniform - it’s more clear in side-on renders. Shorter than MT3, but still fairly scooped.

Matt3o is currently working on two new profiles: MTNU, sculpted, and PBS, uniform.

(PBS, resin printed by Matt3o, prototype)

(MTNU, printed by GMK in gray powder, prototype)

4 Likes

I kinda like that gray proto, it looks like theyre made out of stone or something

1 Like

Well, I love this! Gimme that magenta + cyan!

2 Likes

Terrazzo cases are a thing now… terrazzo keycaps when?

Edit: I was joking but someone did do an artisan in terrazzo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGfx_rHcZg/

2 Likes

Commander Keen!!

1 Like