Need assistance with picking a 60% case

I am getting my wooting 60HE in the mail soon, and am wanting to swap the case with an aluminum case. My first thought was the tofu 60, but that is out of stock and the new 2.0 version doesn’t fit it (and it’s pretty overpriced).
I am going to be getting the POM Jelly keycaps by esckeyboard if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Welcome to Keebtalk! There are a ton of 60% aluminum case options and you can find a lot of good suggestions on this thread I started last Fall when I was in a similar situation (different PCB, but same idea).

I don’t have the 60HE, but it seems like almost any tray mount 60% without a center standoff should work for the PCB. I eventually went with the Freebird60 which is very nice, but it took some work to eliminate the metallic ping I experienced. I think if I had to do it again, I would go with the Klippe T which is like a higher quality (original) Tofu 60.

Edit: Hey @Zozaf, I missed it when I grabbed the link earlier, but Mekanisk posted a video about a month ago about using the 60HE in a Klippe T case:

2 Likes

Klippe T or wait for Tofu60 Redux from kbdfans.

1 Like

Freebird60
Salvation
Klippe
Fjell
All the other 60% tray from KBD/China

I’m planning on getting a Wooting 60HE myself, already got a blue Freebird60 and GMK Nautilus waiting for the PCB+PLATE, But I’ve heard rumors about a new rev that support pcb-mount Stabs. :thinking:

2 Likes

I was looking at the Klippe T, but the price is pretty high and I was looking for something cheaper. Maybe I could get it used? I don’t really know lol. My grandpa has a cnc, so maybe I could just make my own case which would be a hassle but also a fun learning experience. Thanks for all the answers! I will definitely be checking out these cases.
EDIT: I just got a new idea, my friend has a tofu 65 he’s thinking about selling me (the case), and I’m wondering if it would be worth reselling for $130 on the KFA marketplace. Another idea I had would be straight up just trading cases with someone that has the Klippe (the case that I think I would like to go with). I will have to dig a bit deeper.

You can try your luck on Taobao or aliexpress

1 Like

KPRepublic has some remarkably cheap options: https://m.aliexpress.com/storesearch/list/.html?sceneId=040000&sellerAdminSeq=230710486&sortType=TC3_D&groupId=511621303&storeId=3034003&spm=a2g0n.store_m_home.ae_product_weex_6001937406550.0

I can’t really speak for the quality of these though, KPRepublic doesn’t have a bad reputation but their products are cheap for a reason. These aren’t going to be very premium cases. Honestly, unless you really just hate plastic I’d suggest at least trying to stick with the stock case for the wooting rather than get anything less than something around the range of a Klippe.

2 Likes

I’d just go with a case that clearly works: Klippe T.

2 Likes