New BKE dome alternative from Deskeys

Given the inconsistency of BKE dome availability, I’m glad there is now an alternate source for even fancier rubber domes:

12 Likes

And deskeys also working on topre sliders.
We are beginning to have everything needed for a boom of topre-like custom cases in 2021/2022, this will be super nice :wink:

11 Likes

What are reasons for replacing stock domes, besides changing weights and colors?

Just curious.

Just changing weights and tactile feeling
Color is even less relevant than in MX switches since you won’t see domes lol

4 Likes

FTFY!

8 Likes

Now THAT I am interested in. The sooner I can ditch these crooked KBD sliders, the better.
Trying to grab a Novatouch for sane prices gets tiring.

6 Likes

Interested in seeing some reviews for these! I really like BKE Redux domes but I’m always up for trying something new.

In regards to the MX Sliders is there a good alternative now for making mx compatible spacebar stabilizers (for the hhkb, for example) without sacrificing a novatouch? A few years back I tried a 3D printed solution but they jammed like crazy.

Grazie!

Will you do a review on those?
I hope so!

When they arrive I’ll definitely be doing a review like I did for the Deskeys Silencing Rings! I’ll be dome swapping a board 4 times in a single sitting and be giving my thoughts :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thank you for your sacrifice. :pray:

3 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to that Huey :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

My Deskey domes arrived yesterday! review will probably be up early next week, just need to find the time to sit down and dome swap 3-4 times in a row in one sitting (sounds like a saturday task).

5 Likes

Costar or Plate mount cherry stabs. You can lurk the mega thread for people that did the mods:

I would love a reasonably priced split ortho with topre domes to try it out.

For fun I imagined the cost of a TGR x Norbauer collab Veracity Heavy Alice with custom topre pcb/plate and almost passed out.

7 Likes

The page is actually up for that!

14 Likes

lol

The truest move is when the button is,

“Click to request a quote”

That’s how you know it’s out of your league :laughing:

5 Likes

Yep, got cold feet when I ended up in a server for a small private GB for that very reason :sweat_smile:

1 Like