New BKE dome alternative from Deskeys

Will you do a review on those?
I hope so!

When they arrive I’ll definitely be doing a review like I did for the Deskeys Silencing Rings! I’ll be dome swapping a board 4 times in a single sitting and be giving my thoughts :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thank you for your sacrifice. :pray:

3 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to that Huey :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

My Deskey domes arrived yesterday! review will probably be up early next week, just need to find the time to sit down and dome swap 3-4 times in a row in one sitting (sounds like a saturday task).

5 Likes

Costar or Plate mount cherry stabs. You can lurk the mega thread for people that did the mods:

I would love a reasonably priced split ortho with topre domes to try it out.

For fun I imagined the cost of a TGR x Norbauer collab Veracity Heavy Alice with custom topre pcb/plate and almost passed out.

7 Likes

The page is actually up for that!

14 Likes

lol

The truest move is when the button is,

“Click to request a quote”

That’s how you know it’s out of your league :laughing:

5 Likes

Yep, got cold feet when I ended up in a server for a small private GB for that very reason :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

I will have to give this a try. I have a heavy grail coming but I’m a bit hesitant so I’ll hafta test it on on a Realforce first

1 Like

Waiting patiently for this…

1 Like

Waiting impatiently for this…

1 Like

Was pretty ill over the weekend, so didn’t get much progress done then. Working on it this week though!

1 Like

Dangit! Now I look like a jerk lol.
Hope you’re on the mend!

1 Like

I got mine in the other day, gonna try them in my norbaforce that’s been sitting for a while since the BKE heavies are really just too much for me

While you’re already doing the dome swap, a veeery thin layer of dielectric on the PCB does wonders with springs banging around underneath the domes. I used to hate that on my Realforce, and it got better from doing this.

If you use too much, the springs may bind on the PCB slightly and double keypresses will thus not register sometimes. Simple fix is to just open it up again and spread it around and wipe your finger and repeat a few times!

is the springs thing an issue with these domes specifically? I never had any issue with the springs banging around with either the stock domes or the BKE redux, lubing the PCB sounds like a giant mess and waste of lube to me.