NEW - DSS "Dolch" Keyset (launching May 29th)

I’m just surfing around and then I saw: DSS "Dolch" Keyset (Two Shot) - Pimpmykeyboard.com

Dolch color way, even include ErgoDox keys and also keys for extreme layout like the Vortex Race 3 (1.5u Esc, 1.5u Delete)

You can’t go wrong with Dolch, can you?

:smile:

7 Likes

Great find!
It would match perfectly with a black keyboard.
Not sure if I would like the textured spherical top though, I kind of appreciate SP SA smooth keycaps.

Oh man… always wanted to rock a dark colorway on my Race3, but I told myself I wasn’t gonna buy any new keysets for a while.

It even has an intl kit, oof… :confused:

I’ll definitely be picking up a set to try out the profile. I knew it was going to be dolch but I wish it was something new b/c I already have GMK and DSA dolch. I hope the profile feels good and can become a new option for custom kits!

1 Like

Yuuup, we’ve been waiting for this for a year and it’s nice to see it is finally here! I’ll be in for a pretty compatible set and will probably end up making a video on this. I’m excited to see how they turn out in person.

5 Likes

I like the breadth of kits they’re going for. I also noticed that there weren’t any blank DSS keycaps listed elsewhere in the store - hope to see those available in the future.

I like that there’s Ergo and Ortho sets, but I really don’t like the OLKB / ErgoDox default layouts, so might wait it out in hopes of a pseudo-blanks or just plain blanks kits as part of some future keyset design. If those DSS Dolch kits don’t sell out by the end of June, then I might just take one for the team and buy them anyway - wouldn’t want SP thinking that there wasn’t demand for Ergo/Ortho DSS kits, it’s just that I’m not particularly interested in these Ergo/Ortho DSS kits…

I don’t believe I saw an ortho kit, the pro modifier kit doesn’t have a 1u Enter/Return key.

I don’t know about these caps personally. I definitely like the profile & ideal behind it, but seeing the pic of the mods with caps lock key they show the bottom of really leaves me disappointed. They look very thin for a mid height profile & the doubleshot looks like SP’s DSA or DCS style instead of their SA style. I was really hoping these would be made in the same way as SA caps, being made like DSA or DCS makes thes overpriced IMO & worries me they will not feel or sound to hot.

2 Likes

How interesting!

1 Like

Yes they already said they would be the same thickness as DSA. Unfortunately they aren’t thick like SA. That would have been killer if they were though.

2 Likes

Don’t forget people, this is coming out today!

1 Like

It’s live! Who’s already in it to win in? I might wait until after keycon -_-, but it might be sold out by then

2 Likes

Bought alphas, mods, pro mods, 7u space, and red kit

3 Likes

I’m glad i saw your post. When I was looking on my phone i didn’t open the dropdown and just looked at the pictures. I thought there was no 7u space.

went ahead and picked up alphas, mods, 7u, and red kit. There was maybe one key I wanted from pro mods, but didn’t want to spend the extra just for a slightly better legends XD

1 Like

I’m a little bummed out on how they did the texture but I’d love to see it in person. Could just be the photos.

1 Like

isn’t it just like DSA?

Waiting for the ortho kit before I commit. I’m not a huge fan of the Dolch colorway but that profile looks pretty darn comfy!

I just ordered my kit. I realized yolch is the only dolch variant I have, so it will be nice to have a set in the classic colorway.

1 Like

Maybe. The photos make the texture look more pronounced than DSA but again, it could just be the photos.

We’ll see. They shipped out today.