NK_ Blueberry

Lube time

5 Likes

Noice!

Got them installed in the new XD60 rev3 pcb. Programming was finished up last night and am hoping to install the sandwich into the case this afternoon. Will try and get a typing vid up and my impressions by tonight.
I did lube the sliders with 205g0 and tray lubed the springs with Hoppes No9 oil.

3 Likes

Link to 3 bin tray? :eyes:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great question. The wife gave it to me, Iā€™d have to ask her where she got it.

1 Like

Container store?

Wife said she got it at the dollar store.

Got her all put together and I am really liking the typing experience. It is a bit heavier than I am used to, as I usually swap in 55g or 62g Sprit springs. The sound is really nice and the tactility is definitely HUGE. I may have found one of my favorite switches! I will try and get a typing vid after the kiddos go to bed and the house is actually quiet.

3 Likes

So more than royals?

From what I remember, yes. Its been at least a year from when I used BR switches.

1 Like

So basically too heavy and extremely tactile :grimacing: I may be too nervous to try them.

Haha, make sure to stretch your finger muscles before using :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been experimenting with these switches this evening. The stock spring didnā€™t seem that heavy at first, but once you put it beside some lighter ones, it really shows. So far Ive tried:

1. 68g Sprit S
  2. 65g TX
  3. 60g TX
  4. 55g Catweewee

I havenā€™t experienced any issues with the stem not returning or getting stuck on the downstroke, even with the 55g springs. I think the 68g springs are the sweet spot for me. Now to lube them and get them in a board!

2 Likes

Iā€™m so tilted that I completely slept on these. I had a noti set too, just procrastinated too much. Iā€™m a tactile fan through and through. I donā€™t own any linears at all. Might try to grab some creams or alpacas just to franken them up. Anyhow, Iā€™ll be looking for the rev2 preorder. Enjoy!

I like tactile switches but box royals were so extreme that actuating the switch felt binary. ā€œHigh tactile with a smooth bumpā€ feels like the sweetspot between a ā€œdirty linearā€ and a binary tactile to me.

1 Like

Got them all lubed up. 3203 on the springs and 205g0 on the sliders. They feel pretty nice.

5 Likes

they sure look nice!

Just finished lubing my batch and throwing them in the build. These really do have the long drawn-out bump that I liked from HPs but with a less obnoxious sound. I lubed mine with 205g0, and I found that I preferred my switches to have the absolute lightest coating of lube on the leaf. I think these are a good switch for anyone thatā€™s down for tactility similar to HPs but arenā€™t the biggest fan of the sound.

3 Likes

I got my batch lubed and installed in my TX75v2 pretty late last nightā€¦or early this morningā€¦

Iā€™m very happy with my choice to spring swap these. I think the stock spring would have been much to heavy. Iā€™m typing on them now and I can certainly say that the bump is unique, but not unpleasant. They have a nice deep sound to them, kinda thocky. Theyā€™re a nice change from the holy trash pandas that I had in this board before - these are quieter and the the bottom out is far less harsh.

Iā€™m curious to see how these change as they break in, but overall, I think Iā€™m going to really like them.

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m torn! :weary:

If you like holy pandas or Zealio V2s, you will probably like these - at least once they are lubed. The more I type on them, the more I really like the sound. I think theyā€™re worth a try.

1 Like