PC Games Thread

Ooh I hope on Quake Champions with @Quakemz from time to time. It probably a ‘medium’ on the noob-friendliness scale, but the skill ceiling ramps up pretty high.

It’s pretty fun fast shooting.

2 Likes

Been meaning to download that for a while now, I need to get my fix of fast shooters!

Mainly OW, Quake Champions when Australian queue times aren’t ridiculous (Shout out to everyone else who plays).

Have also been playing a lot of Hot Lava lately which is extremely fun; would highly recommend to anyone in to speed running or FPS titles with movement heavy mechanics.

Hot lava reminds me of Mirrors Edge a bit.

Yeah, look, Donkey Kong is available on the Nintendo Switch and it’s the OG DK with all the levels (pie factory at last!) and the crazy bullshit that ends your run on level 3 with the girder level. I’ve been playing it non-stop and for those of you who think that Dark Souls is the end-all be-all of tough shit, you should pick that up to find out what the fuss is about.

If you have a mastery of this at level four spring screen, you are the shizz-nit, otherwise, I don’t really have anything in common with you, other than that, you know, keyboards are cool and stuff. I’d love a real arcade machine, but that’s not likely to happen with a wife and kids and a mortgage. Peace.

I started playing ironsight again.
Best free to play COD game around right now.

Also hopped on Albion online since it went free to play recently. Just started and it’s pretty fun.

1 Like

Nice, I’ll have to check those games out, I know I’m gonna be on a gaming binge soon since I finally upgraded my GPU & put it under water! Throw a post up when you’re getting to play sometime, I’d definitely be down to team up & do some damage in Ironsight if it’s kinda like COD. :metal:

1 Like

Hmmm Imperator Rome releases today. Despite the mixed reviews, it looks pretty tempting/fun. I’m still having a lot of fun with HOI4 so I do like paradox’s flavor of strategy. Might have to pick this one up :thinking:

1 Like

Mostly a mix of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Elder Scrolls Online, and Devil May Cry V.

Not sure if there are any other Linux gamers around but I’ve had some great fun playing Descenders, which is a downhill mountain biking game where the levels are procedurally generated. It’s in early access but I believe is releasing soon

Gonna just revive this by asking…

Anyone also get Wolcen? I got it last night. Game is pretty fun. Imo better than both PoE and D3, but downside compared to PoE is that it isn’t free.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing temtems

2 Likes

Is it the pokemon MMO you’ve always wanted?

1 Like

Lol nah I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for the asking price as it is now. The balance seems a little bit off in that some are much better than others, there aren’t that many Pokémon temtems yet, a lot of the designs are pretty uninspired, and despite being an “mmo” the online features are pretty lacking. But it has pretty graphics, runs on my PC and is under active development so I’ll take it as a replacement for the shitshow that is real Pokémon right now.

1 Like

Interactive fiction.

1 Like

Been on a Roguelike kick for the past few weeks lots of Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth as usual & a ton of Dead Cells. Which speaking of is a great Metroidvania Roguelike IMO! Easy to jump in for a few mins if that’s all you got, but also easy to get lost in for hrs. I know they’re not for everyone, but I really love these type of games. I think the nostalgia factor looms large with them for me since I was an Atari/NES kid. I also picked up the new DBZ: Kakarot game which seems pretty fun from the little I have played of it so far. It’s an action RPG so I’m waiting for a day I have few free hrs. to really jump into it.

Just finished the Halo Reach campaign on PC (ah, the memories). I started Dragon Quest 11 and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom last year, and I need to finish both. I too want to jump back into the AC games after putting down 3 half way through and never picking one up again. I played Destiny 2 and The Division 2 a bunch last year but am kind of souring on the games as a service model – I hate the idea of locking all my free time to one game if I want to keep up with everyone else to experience what is offered.

Right now I’m using the left half of a Nyquist as my gaming pad. All the keys have static values as I’ve found keys assigned “quantum” functionality have horrible latency in games (e.g. caps lock is Ctrl when held), and I don’t want to have to juggle multiple layers in which one has my gaming layer (though that is totally valid).

1 Like

FPS, currently playing way too much Destiny 2…

1 Like

Yep, on that Destiny 2 train as well since a friend got me into it a few weeks back and while I’m waiting for WF to get some updates. Also been destroying Cities:Skylines with mods lately since I can idle it while working on stuff. Still hitting up Super Hexagon in 5min bursts for my casual fix.

3 Likes

Not terribly keyboard-specific, but I just started a fascinating game last night called Echo. It’s like Blame! meets Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice meets retro-futuristic Art Deco. High Sci-Fi, mysterious, and pretty novel gameplay-wise, too. More contemplative than action-packed - but if you’re in that kind of mood this one is quite a ride.

1 Like