PC Games Thread

3 Likes

Me too! Hunter master race. On the topic of keyboards, I switched my crouch over to alt (left side spacebar) and once I got used to it, it is such an amazing change

1 Like

Do you ever encounter difficulties with games that implement a crouch jump mechanic with L_alt as crouch?

Yeah, there’s not an easy way to do it. You can roll your thumb and hit both if you need to but I don’t play any games that actively require it so I’m fine with it.

Spellbreak - best battle royale game hands down. Next week the second and last closed beta phase starting.

I mained the Warlock for about 300 hours and I’ve since been maining the Hunter, for the last 120 hours and couldn’t be happier, due to the faster movement.

My interpretation of the Destiny 2 jumps:
Warlock: jump > Jump > Elevator music > Elevator music > Looks at watch > Elevator music > Tap jump > Elevator music > Curtsy

Hunter: Can I make this? > Jump > I think I can make this. > Jump > Shit, I’m not going to make this, I’m not going to make this, I’m not going to make this! > Jump > Holly carp, I made it! > Dancing emote.

Titan: Jump > Jump > Look at me ma! > Jump jets start to sputter > shittttttttttttttttttttttt > Splat.

Oh yeah. I struggle to play other classes (especially in crucible!!) because my dodge is so ingrained in my head as a reload or movement tactic. If you haven’t played dragon’s shadow with any void subclass your haven’t lived in pvp yet.

I’ll have to give it a try. I’m typically using St0mp-ee5 or Knucklehead Radar for PVP and Orpheus Rig for PVE/Gambit.

Stompees are great. I find an excuse to use them in literally every activity. It’s weird to move without them.

1 Like

In games that need crouch jump like csgo, I usually have scrollwheel down mapped to jump. I also sometimes roll my thumb to crouch jump to mixed effect.

@noteveneric, I found the @Vex, looks like their invading again! :wink:

For the uninitiated: Vex

I’m still playing Hearts of Iron IV way too much. Someone help me.

I have also been playing Oxygen not Included which has been pretty fun and a nice break from Rimworld.

I’m hopping on Valorant every now and then so my hand eye coordination doesn’t go to complete shite with age.

What’s everyone playing during quarantine/world craziness?

1 Like

I’ve just been playing league lmao I’m thinking of picking up Horizon Zero Dawn when it comes out for PC, anyone who played it on playstation have thoughts? Is it worth it?

I definitely intended to tackle a lot of my Steam backlog during quarantine, but that didnt happen at all. I ended up spending most of my game time on Battlefield V with my buddies or FF7 Remake or Path of Exile when playing solo. The time sinks keep doing their job.

Fun to see u mention Quake, I’m a hard core Quake Live player since 2012.
U can see me and the last dying breed play here on a regular basis. Twitch

Wish I had the energy to game, but I’ve just been so busy, that by the time I get home, I just want to watch something then pass out…

Doesn’t help, that I’ve only got cosmetics left to go in Deep Rock Glactic and Destiny 2 seems pointless now, that they are going to be sun-setting gear… I put in just a touch over 900 hours, this year, and now every thing that I’ve worked for, is going to be meaning less…

I’ve been playing Gris lately.

Definitely of the games-as-art and mechanics-are-the-message variety, and I’m a fan.

Halo Infinite. The multiplayer is free and has been pretty fun!

4 Likes

I’ve been logging a lot of time on halo recently. Really well done at adding things while keeping true to the feeling of the original trilogy.

1 Like

Haven’t touched the multiplayer, bit the campaign is fantastic. Can’t wait for co-op to be added.

2 Likes