Zeal V2 stabs, lubed with 205g0 and superlube

16 Likes

Simple but so classy !

1 Like

Bakeneko60 by Kkatano

• Plate: FR4
  • PCB: Bakeneko60 PCB
  • Keyset: GMK 9009
  • Switches: OPMinks - (75g TX long spring, JWK Giant v4 Stem, Gat Milky Housing, Gat Black Ink v2 bottom, 205g0 + 0.15mm TX films)

:loud_sound: Stream Bakeneko60 Itr 2 by Wueer | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

My Thoughts
Been loving this board since I’ve received it, I think the value is exceptional and it performs handily amongst $500+ boards in sound and feel. I’m getting it cerakoted because I like it so much.

The o-ring gasket gives the board a bouncy feel, with an poppier overall sound. I think for further experiments I will try a POM Half-plate from u/pigeonslikebread.

The OPMinks are intersting, and I really like their feel and sound. Nice cushioned bottom-out with a poppy top-out courtesy of the milky tops. I’ve found the heavier springs to help the cushioning and overall am happy with them. For my soldered PCB build I think I may end up using these or Alpacas.

10 Likes

Love it, I picked up one as well.

Keyset: pbt black dye sub (with gmk nine modifiers)
switches: lubed, filmed silent alpaca v2

12 Likes

That a nice one, the keyset match so perfectly with the case, i’m so jealous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, so, after rambling about some nonsense ages ago, I eventually come around to build a custom board that was as close as possible to what I wanted and here is the result. I went for the quietest setup possible because I want to take it to the office eventually and not ruin people’s life.

Specs:

• KBDfans 65% Low Profile Aluminum Case
  • KBD67 Rev2 65% PCB
  • DUROCK Smokey Transparent Gold Plated Stabilizers v2
  • Gazzew Boba U4 Silent Tactile Switch
  • 65% Custom aluminium plate Rev2 designed by me, files are available here
  • Tofu65 + KBD67 rev2 case and plate foam set
  • HK Gaming Dye Sublimation | Cherry Profile | Thick PBT Keysets For Mechanical Keyboard (139 Keys, 9009)
14 Likes

Very elegant classic look. I’m not a silent switch fan, but of all those I’ve tried the bobas were the best!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The keycaps set is a placeholder, I was actually looking for something more into the darker grey scale, something like a GMK Dolch, GMK Modern Dolch, or even the new GMK Stealth but I couldn’t really find anything like that. There were some TaoHao but I didn’t hear great things about them.

Rama Kara (Soya)
EPBT English Gray caps
Hako Clear switches

23 Likes

This Norbaforce Mark II Ghost-of-Christmas-Future edition came in the mail this week. What a marvel!

Paired with:

• The now-classic biip Extended 2048 EC
  • Zap Cables “Old School” retractable cable
  • My friend who has found a new home, Realforce for Mac (variable weighting, as originally intended)
29 Likes

I sure wish I had fallen into this rabbit hole earlier. I would have absolutely loved to get on of the GoCF edition. I hold onto the faintest glimmer of hope that another round may one day be available.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @hoyos! That’s a lovely minimal board, there - it does make me happy to see polycarb cases being made in colors like that. How do you like it so far - and how are the Hakos treating you?

@batonnoir:

4 Likes

Agreed. I came into the Western mechanical keyboard scene only recently and was frankly amazed at the wonderfully mad work going on for Topre keyboards. Not sure why this stuff doesn’t seem to be so visible back home given this body of work is for Japanese/Korean keyboards…

Long story short I was desperate and sourced one on the aftermarket, having just missed the Mark III GB. But I venture to reckon the possibilities for a rerun are on the likelier side, since the Norbaforce is a design for a keyboard still in production. :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

jesus christ that ostrich…

@batonnoir what part of the world do you live?

Oh my goodness, I love those keycaps, I must get myself a set. How is the quality and the texture?

Ok I take it back… it’s only for Topre :sob:

3 Likes

I am a fairly recent transplant from Japan to England! :running_man::dash:

biip made a version for MX (group buy already closed…): https://candykeys.com/group-buys/epbt-extended2048

… and a GB (I guess?) for MT3 profile version with more diverse layout compatibility and expanded icono sets is running on Drop: Drop + biip MT3 Extended 2048 Custom Keycap Set | Dye-subbed PBT Keycaps | Custom Keycaps

2 Likes

I ordered way too much of that set from Drop, but I’m really quite eager to see how bad my indecision gets when it comes to actually choosing which board to put them on. It should be quite the crisis.

4 Likes

Welcome to UK and many thanks for the link. I’ll pass on the drop GB, I have a big dislike for them.

2 Likes

Fascinating. I would think Topre lovers everywhere would take notice of Norbauer’s work, even if they live in Japan or other parts of the world. Would be interesting to see it take off at some point

1 Like