I do apologies if I’m asking something that was already covered in the forum but I didn’t exactly know how to effectively word search keywords based on my requirements. So, to the point in subject. I’m currently an input club k-type owner but I feel the need to go more compact and I’m looking to move to a 60%/65% ANSI layout. In the off the shelf market my eyes went to the ducky mecha mini or their SF but I’m weighed more towards the mecha because of the aluminium construction which is a nice to have requirement for me. But what am I really looking for? Here a bullet points list:
- I use OSX as operating system so the keyboard needs to be compatible more on this in the next point.
- I mainly use the keyboard for coding and typing which means the backtick and the tilde character are equally important to me as the ESC button (with the exception of vim where I can use other escape combinations to get out of insert mode); keep in mind that, being an OSX user, the combination CMD+backtick has an important place in my productivity workflow and I don’t want to lose that one.
- Arrow keys, and thus a 65% layout maybe my preference, but I suppose I can learn to have them on a dedicated layer.
- An aluminium metallic case build would be very welcome and preferably I’d like to stay in the white/silver/space grey colour tones for my theme.
- Hot swappable switches would be a nice to have too.
- I’d like some backlighting it doesn’t need to be RGB, ice/white will do (not a deal breaker also because in that case the keycaps choice is highly reduced).
- it would be nice to have mac os themed key caps but especially standard caps so to broaden my pool of choices.
- If there is nothing out there of the shelf I can consider go the DIY kit route.
- Last but not least, “easy” to get in the UK.
I think that covers pretty much all the things I have in mind at the moment of typing and I will kindly and genuinely welcome any info you could share with me.
Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help.