Post Your Keyboards!

Topre + Bluetooth + Numpad = my new work daily driver

23 Likes

Beige sets are a nice fit with Seaweed Green!

18 Likes

How much did it cost you? I’d love to have the same one.

1 Like

My daily driver and my favourite one.

19 Likes

That’s a nice daily driver :slight_smile:

1 Like

So for the Leopold FC980C + Heavy 9 + JTK Zen Base, Extension, and white spacebars + Deskeys Sliders… ugh, a lot

However, I have good news if you’re asking about the Bluetooth Controller: it was around $70. But it was from Taobao, so if you’re not in Mainland China, you need to get it shipped through a proxy service which will add expense. Here’s a related thread:

2 Likes

I’m such a fan of wooden cases now. There’s this richness to the acoustics I’m just absolutely digging. I was pleasantly surprised by how low the keycaps sit in the wooden Tofu. It has a ton to do with it being an o-ring mount – there’s a bit of squeeze in the gaskets they provide.

16 Likes

That looks really good! Great keyset pairing.

1 Like

I took a family picture the other day;

Top to bottom, left to right =

• bt Yasui with boba u4t
  • minisub with u4t
  • bt yasui with silent bobas
  • le Chiffre with black inks
  • (another!) bt yasui with cherry top housing Sakuras
  • Ferris with Choc robin
  • hubris/minibaen with ktt strawberries
  • ble chiffre with Choc black

Every switch is modded etc, but I’m on mobile :raised_hands:

Edit: I have probably the same number of unbuilt boards in a drawer, but there always seems to be the same amount in there no matter how many I build. So weird… guess I’ll keep building.

20 Likes

Small board appreciation!

1 Like

16 Likes

39 Likes

What a lovely set of keyboards.

2 Likes

Decided to Redo my TKL

Changed the stabs to Cherry stabs by Zeal ( holee and bandaid mod, because I’m all about over kill)
and
Keycaps are Traitors Kabuki Cherry profile.

I put the cyberpunk keycaps on a fullsize for my 8 year old since he has been digging them since I got them , now the TKL matches my KBDfans67 aesthetic.

8 Likes

Finally used Laserboost today to get an Alu plate for my P3D quefrency build!

Specs:

Main Keyboard

• Quefrency v4 pcb
  • TTC Matrix-01 Linears spring swapped w/ 62g dual-stage springs
  • U4Ts on Macro Cluster
  • Aluminum Plate from Laserboost
  • Stacked Acrylic Case from P3D
  • C3 Stabs v2
  • PE Switch Pads
  • GMK Metropolis

KBDPad mk 2

• Brass plate
  • U4Ts
  • GMK Metropolis
  • JellyKey Men v Droids Artisan

Other

• Metropolis Deskmat
  • Metropolis-themed cables from MechCables
14 Likes

Was going through my phone deleting stuff when I stumbled across some photos my brother-in-law took of my Suit 80. He sent a lot of shots, but these are the ones I liked the most.

I’ll never, in my life, be able to take decent pictures so this is probably the one chance I have of posting anything remotely photogenic. Plus, I really think it’s worth sharing his photography work. Deserves a lot of credit for this…I would’ve probably made this look like a $50 dollar keyboard with my terrible photography.

I also don’t regret mounting those aluminium keycaps from Cherry (2021 Valentine Limited Ed. China-only). I didn’t buy them though, they were gifted to me by a business friend whose also into keyboards. It was said friend’s idea to mount them onto the Pink Suit 80. Man’s a genius…practically a match made in heaven.

P.S. the differently colored 1, 2, and 4 keys refer to a chinese slang thing for a particular region. It’s about something someone does when you piss them off (especially on valentines of all days). Great jab from cherry while highlighting ILY (pretty obvious what this is).

15 Likes

Built my Heavy-9 finally. Originally I wanted to use the KBD Hi Pros, but I mistakenly thought they were white because there were only renders at the time of ordering. Didn’t pay attention to the real color. So, I stuck with the original EC set I had. It looks A LOT better w/ white than I thought it would, so that’s a relief.

22 Likes

Decisions, decisions…

This is what I like to call a good problem to have. Can you tell I like the KBD67? The custom keeb world has been evolving very quickly, and it looks like even better boards are on the horizon, but I’ll always have a soft spot for these and how they changed the game. If nothing else, the KBD67 lite represents a milestone; I don’t think it’s hyperbole to talk about the market “pre” and “post” 67L. As I see it, the NK65EE cracked the dam, and the KBD67L finished it off - bursting right through the flood gates to significantly raise the bar.

Alright, quarterly gushing about my favorite keeb platform out of the way, I’ll tell you how I have these configured. I put very similar switches in all three to help demonstrate the differences in plate and case material for a coworker showing interest in the rabbit hole.

Top to bottom:

KBD67 v3

• KBD67 mkii RGB PCB
  • Anodized grey aluminum case
  • Stock bump-on feet
  • Brass plate & internal weight
  • Pre-cut PE foam on PCB
  • GMK stabs
  • TTC Wilds (tan-top lighter version)
  • GMK Phantom

It’s no Jelly Epoch, but this sounded better than I expected after the first couple of things I tried with the plate. It’s super planted and very solid, but not harsh like I expected; the silicone suspension sandwich is far from flexy, but succeeds in taking the edge off when compared with something like a CTRL high-profile with its integrated plate.

KBD67 lite

• YD67BLE bluetooth PCB
  • ABS smokey grey case
  • Stock bump-on feet
  • R1 CNC polycarb plate
  • Stock dampening
  • KBDfans polycarb stabs
  • TTC ACEs
  • GMK Prepress

My daily workhorse & travel keeb; if I could only have one, this is it. A mixture of parts from R1 and R2 because I prefer the old plate and being able to choose whether or not the standoffs are installed. Compared with the v3 above, this keeb retains a sharp clack but also gains deeper tones from the spacebar. There’s a slight bounciness, just enough to notice - more like a rubber ball, less like a trampoline. I’d say most of that is down to the feet, but I’m sure the silicone suspension sandwich and soft plate play their part as well.

The R2 PC plate is fine, but it doesn’t lay flat when all the standoffs are screwed-in, slightly pre-loading the whole assembly with tension when in the case. I honestly couldn’t tell you (yet) if that makes any real difference aside from my own peace of mind, but that’s good enough reason for me.

KBD67 lite

• KBD67 mkii RGB PCB
  • ABS translucent dark purple case
  • Smaller, more firm bump-on feet
  • FR4 plate from hypekeyboards.ca
  • Stock dampening
  • GMK(?) stabs (stock from R1; hand-modded from factory)
  • TTC Wilds (green-top heavier version)
  • GMK Mecha-01

I love how all of these sound, but this one has the tastiest clacks to my ear. That FR4 plate with those switches, etc. - just right. I love the clean thunk of the spacebar. Between the plate (which uses no stand-offs) and the shorter, more firm feet, this keeb has a typing experience somewhere in-between the other two, and of the three it is my favorite to type on and listen to - and man, is it fun to look at.

Aesthetically, I don’t think I could pick a favorite if I tried; they’re all my favorite. That said, they are all different flavors, and I love that about them. The last one is striking and loud, with fantastically rich color. The v3 is more on the under-stated side of things, somewhere between business-professional and luxury-lounge. The bluetooth one has a functional-but-fun colorway inspired by CMYK printing, and looks like the workhorse that it is thanks to plenty of shine on the caps.

I pull out the other two when I’m in the mood and stop just short of using gloves; if I’m typing on them, it’s with freshly-cleaned hands. [ insert Sheldon Turtle meme ] The middle one, though, wears its frequent use on its sleeve - and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Despite spending more on GMK Prepress than any other set (I went all-in on the kits), I made a deal with myself early on that I wouldn’t waste one iota of my otherwise obsessive nature on its condition. I bought this one to be an enjoyable tool of my trade, and its more than I could have hoped for when I first began the search.

I think of the other two as fancy flavors of this one - and while I don’t plan on changing their configuration any time soon, knowing that I can is nice. The current-gen KBD67 platform shared between the lite and v3 is wonderfully modular, and KBDfans themselves facilitate third-party accessories by making the plate files freely-available to cut from or use as a reference for your own.

I think what really sets the line apart in 2022 is just how broad a range it covers on the beginner—enthusiast spectrum. It’s perfectly approachable as a first keeb, and has quality potential to be the last keeb most people would ever need - ignoring the n+1 rule, of course.

Is there room for improvement? Of course - and I’d like to see KBDfans keep iterating on this fantastic design to keep it relevant beyond its significance as a milestone moving forward. We’ve come a long way since tech reviewers were bursting with excitement at clone-blue pre-builts coming in at less than $50, itself a game-changing milestone moment - and I’m all the more excited to see where we go from here.

14 Likes

I wish they’d restock just the ABS cases or allow you to mix and match the top and bottom case colors. I’m thinking a solid black top with a transparent black bottom would be pretty neat.

2 Likes

I know they sometimes have the cases available by themselves on KBDfans, and I think I’ve seen them on keebsforall and mechanical keyboards dot com.

Edit: @ajoflo I don’t see any on the local sites, but here is the listing on KBDfans. Out of stock at the moment, but next time they do a run they should appear for pre-order and subsequently in-stock sale there; you can get an email when they restock.

1 Like