Post Your Keyboards!

Or GMK Dandy

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Unfortunately I only own the Daisy base. But fortunately the Dandy base is still available in stock. Uh… maybe that’s unfortunate for me financially. But we’ll see!

Both should work great on it tho. :thinking:

I ordered dandy base. RIP

Also forgot I had this beige DSA set (GQN) that looks nice

I have a yellow enter and esc to accent but they are text and not icon

DSA feel really good with the U4Tx switches. No surprise I guess. Thin caps usually go well with tactile switches. DSA usually has the trade off of worse sound, but these semi-dampened switches pair well.

Probably could use a different mat for this setup. :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Looking fine and dandy today… get it? What? I am a dad. I can make these jokes.

21 Likes

I think I finished my build for now. kbdcraft Adam, Kailh Box White, Tai Hao Doubleshots from the Massdorp days.

8 Likes

Love it with the deskmat! What are those clear caps above?

3 Likes

Lelelab Crystal X, tried with them before but I was not absolutely satisfied with them.

Ignore the BoW Caps, was trying out what I wanted to use

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking they were. What did you not like about them? I ask because I was considering purchasing a set one day.

1 Like

I really like the caps themselves. I just currently switch between too different layouts and get wrong sometimes somehow, even not looking at the keys. Kind of frustrating during work. But the quality of the caps is really good and I like the glass like feeling. Would absolutely recommend them. Just keep in mind that using them, the color of the switches also matters :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Mighty dandy indeed :ok_hand:

My top mounted NK65EE.

With a custom PLA (plastic) plate, custom bottom part, Gateron Cap v2 (golden) and keycaps from AE.

I’m honestly surprised how well this worked, I underestimated the top mounting but it really does have a noticeable difference on the sound and the feel.

Some more images of the board

On a side note: Plate mounted stabilizers >> PCB mounted

9 Likes

imgur com/a/iQrZrpg

sorry for dust, havent touched it for weeks.
i really like floating boards but dont have much choices, many better built items wont sell in my region. this is a cheap chinese board called fe87. switch gateron yellow, unknown pbt caps, i dont like the shape, bought it for the looks, didnt know they are all same height and shape. okayish for gaming, very bad for typing (ive been using it for almost a year and still making typos.

mouse: deathadder v2 mini, one of the best budget small mouse out there, for ppl who hate logitech and the trend.

2 Likes

New Keeb Tuesday!

• Ikki68 Aurora R2 Snow (ALU top, PC bottom)
  • Wired Bodo PCB with RGB under glow
  • Silicone case/PCB dampening
  • Internal Brass weight
  • Poron PCB and plate foam
  • PC plate
  • WS Auroroa stabilizers (lubed w/ XHD-BTZ and 205g0)
  • Akko Vintage White switches (lubed with 205g0/105g0 mix)
  • GMK Serenity keycaps
  • Rainbow PVD R1 keycap from Capsmiths
  • WS Bespoke Badge #377 in PVD Prism

12 Likes

I love this and am happy to see more experimentation with 3D printed parts.

That lighting in the first pic was playing tricks on my brain and it looked like you had nestled an Ikki inside of some sort of larger custom case you made. I was over here thinking “well, that’s a choice.” lol

Board looks great!

2 Likes

mr suit purple r3
mode 65

7 Likes

This is a Willy by Squashkb; an anodized aluminum, top mount 10u. It feels crazy to have such a high quality board in a tiny form factor.

• KTT Strawberries 205/deskeys
  • Fr4 plate
  • Cherry screw-ins 205/BDZ
  • Tulip
15 Likes

Had a bit of hard time to fit the pink Doio into my setup until the red Topreme deskmat arrived.

12 Likes

I finished my Protozoa “Glitch” and it’s pretty neat. Visually at least.

The kit assembled fairly easily and it seems clear they spent some time coming up with how they wanted to execute that. I like that they had standoffs for the switch plate that screwed in. That really made fitting the switches on the flexible poly-carbonate plate a lot easier. I did have to file out one of the holes in the first of the acrylic plates because I could not get it to sit over the spacers.

I used Glow-in-the-dark switches and stabs in the hopes I could sneak some black-light LED’s between the switch plate and PCB, but they’ve gone with a large silicone sheet that fills that area in completely. So no joy there right now. As a result I think I’m going to go with some better switches and stabs for a better typing experience. As it stands, I’m having a heck of a time with a couple keys registering more than one press at a time. The backspace being the worst offender at the moment.

As far as sound goes, these Domikey BoB keys make a lot of noise that while not bad, is a bit more than I prefer.

16 Likes