Post Your Keyboards!

That’s why I prefer plain weights. It burns my soul to cover them up. :tired_face:

3 Likes

Today I built a small fry with rotary encoder.

30 Likes

Dammit. I love it. You absolutely nailed an amazing theme.

2 Likes

Thanks! I built it with KTT Rose linear switches and I have to say they are very, very good. I just went and bought ALL of the Dangkeebs remaining stock. Better than Gateron Yellow, not quite as good as an Alpaca, but damn good for the price.

2 Likes

Maker Diary M60 in a KBDfans 5-degree aluminum case. Communicating over Bluetooth.

12 Likes

Awesome success! How is ZMK?

Actually, this thing runs on Python.

So when you plug it in via USB it presents itself as a drive. On that drive is the text based Python file that you can edit on-the-fly, save, and it takes instant effect. So you want to change a mapping, boom, done. No compiling.

Now the one thing I’m not sure I’m liking so much is the Bluetooth. When it acts up things get wonky.

4 Likes

Overall impressions of KAM Wraith?

1 Like

I love KAM Wraith and may build a bigger board just so I can show off the beautiful keys. I don’t have any obvious dye sub errors and the keys have a nice, soft texture. Not hard and chalky like many PBT sets. Must be the finishing they do on KAM sets.

If I had to criticize I would call out two things:

1. Several spacebars in the spacebar kit are concave (as pictured on my board). Other KAM sets have convex 2.25u and 2.75u spacebars so I don’t know why in the world they went with concave here.

2. They made a controversial design choice on the period and comma keys. Just look at them, they are upside down with the brackets on the bottom instead of the top! Also, all the red legends line up across the bottom alpha row except for those two keys. You can’t unsee it once you notice it.

2 Likes

Interesting choice on the placement of the comma and period. I can see how it would bother some people but I think it’s OK.

1 Like

Still haven’t received m’y Kam wraight set, you make me jealous :wink:
Nice little board !

1 Like

I just finished this today and I’m super happy with how it turned out.

Build Details

1. Senseless Clay’s had60 PCB.
  2. P3D 60% stacked acrylic case. Glass green throughout.
  3. Everglide Aquaking linear switches, and stabilizers.
  4. G.SKILL Crystal Crown keycaps in white.

Pictures

Thoughts

My goal was to build this board to be as clear as possible. So all the choices were made based on translucency. Even though the keycaps have white crowns, they skirts are crystal clear.

Now, I’m very fond of tactiles, but these linear Aquaking’s are really very nice to type on and the sound is extremely pleasant. I didn’t expect that at all.

25 Likes

What watch is that?

That’s a SQFMI Watchy with their Aluminum case and NATO strap.

It’s an open source, DIY watch. Although I really only assembled it an loaded an available firmware.

2 Likes

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

General Electric Healthcare keyboard, made by Unicomp for GE. P/N 2054858-003.

28 Likes

Keebio Sinc

11 Likes

Beautfiul, that mat tho… :fire:

1 Like

That’s a score for the keycaps alone.

1 Like

My new boy Foxlab F80SE with Gateron Cap Milky Yellow

14 Likes