Post Your Keyboards!

I didn’t know they were translucent keycaps till I got them (traded in the local market). It’s certainly a unique set, haven’t seen this colorway around

1 Like

Norbaforce Mark III in polycarbonate. I love every angle in this keyboard, the edges are perfectly contoured and the amount of detail in polycarbonate is mind-blowing.

It’s using the stock Topre domes and deskeys #3 silencing rings.

25 Likes

So this is my first mech that I worked on I kept it simple
Its a Womier k87
I lubed the plate mount stabs and did bandaid mod. ( thinking about upgrading to a NK plate mount or Owlabs)
The switches are Novelkey Blueberries
The Caps I found on etsy and the spacebar , WASD and ESC key are traitorskeys novelties .

my Second Build

My most recent attempt at a custom
KBDFans67 Lite R3 in Aluminum Case
TTC Red Flame Linear Switches
Owlabs Owlstabs (housing lubed with 205g0, wire lubed with dielectric grease)
Bredworks Black FR4 plate
GMK Redsuns Keycaps
Traitors Space bar and WASD
and Hotkeysproject Artisan .

Like I said pretty new to the mech keyboard world but so far having a blast.

13 Likes

Seems logical for me :grinning:

2 Likes

Great job, and I’m glad you’re having fun. Tweaking builds to your liking is the heart of the hobby.

1 Like

About upgrading the stabs, apparently novelkeys stabs arent very good, I’d recommend equalz stabs or durocks instead, if you can get them.

1 Like

Ya was just reading that today about people having issues witht he Novelkey’s stabs, so I had my eye on maybe trying the C3 stabs, the owlabs stabs are such a joy I wish they made a plate mount.

1 Like

This was my latest build, off the bat I want to say Yes the Caps on this one are clones, I know this will make some people unhappy but I did not buy them my friend who wanted the build did … I think that makes my hands a little cleaner ( I hope lol)

Anyway SPECS
Epomaker EP84
Stock stabs cleaned and then lubed with 205g0 ( they are actually really nice. ) also bandaid modded.
Gateron Silver Pro Switches that I hand lubed
Clone Taro Keycaps
and one adorable Boba Tea artisan cap from DreamKaps ( etsy store )

It was a fun quick build and I hope you guys enjoy it, Its her first mech keyboard and I’m hoping that maybe next time we go with some legit keycaps.

8 Likes

How do you like those? I’ve been super tempted to pick some up.

1 Like

These switches are so smooth, buttery smooth with a consistent feeling across the board. The downwards and upwards feeling are also consistent. I like the weight of the springs, it doesn’t feel too light that I could mistype and it doesn’t feel too heavy. It actuates at 45g and bottoms out at 60g. And the “Pro” name here indicates it’s factory lubed. So, these switches are definitely okay to be used right out of the box.

1 Like

1987 IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (SSK) P/N 1391472! Taking photos for an upcoming wiki article, so thought I’d share some.

19 Likes

Quick build today - Retro60 with DCS America.

Total throwback build. Still very pleasant and fun to type on. Used a polycarbonate plate with plate foam for a nice sound (can’t do much about flex with tray mount unless I gummy wormed it or o-ringed it, but no time to fiddle with it today can do that in the future).

15 Likes

Dude. That is just too cool – such a great case/color and keyset combo.

1 Like

That’s a lovely photo! I need to build something in my retro60. Makes me wanna do it

2 Likes

Topre + Bluetooth + Numpad = my new work daily driver

23 Likes

Beige sets are a nice fit with Seaweed Green!

18 Likes

How much did it cost you? I’d love to have the same one.

1 Like

My daily driver and my favourite one.

19 Likes

That’s a nice daily driver :slight_smile:

1 Like

So for the Leopold FC980C + Heavy 9 + JTK Zen Base, Extension, and white spacebars + Deskeys Sliders… ugh, a lot

However, I have good news if you’re asking about the Bluetooth Controller: it was around $70. But it was from Taobao, so if you’re not in Mainland China, you need to get it shipped through a proxy service which will add expense. Here’s a related thread:

2 Likes