Post Your Keyboards!

One of the main things I miss from my small ergo keyboard is: no stabs!

2 Likes

No stabs has been one of my favorite things about maining ergo boards for sure.

Haven’t had to research, buy, or tune stabilizers for years.

3 Likes

I really like the USB port location - looks great on that little angled part of the board

2 Likes

Built my 910 PC edition today. I know it’s crazy but I put some JWK Tropical switches in it. I’ve had these for years in a bag with springs to swap out, but just threw them in stock. I
actually like them. Weird how things change.

I tried to get a lot of photos of this one to capture details and colors
Here’s the full gallery on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DYkEAxTDTJC/?igsh=MWdmcjRiaTlpbTRoeQ==

10 Likes

I’ve had some of the parts sitting around for a while, but finally got my Classic TKL EC conversion built! Lots of fun and honestly pretty easy thanks to the DynaCap build guide and Hector VS’s blog posts.

  • Proto Yellow Classic TKL
  • DynaCap dry-lubed housings with medium domes
  • Cipulot EC TKL X SE PCB
  • Custom brass plate cut by Hype
  • DCS Panels
  • Matching silicon gaskets
22 Likes

Wooww you have such a fun looking build and nice pics as well. Also pretty cool that someone made a Classic TKL EC Conversion guide.

3 Likes

Saved! Thank you for sharing your build and the blog post. :clap:

1 Like

The matching gaskets are a really nice touch, nice build

1 Like

My latest custom keyboard!

Neo98
Cherry MX2A Petal switch with tx long 16mm 62g spring
Stabies v2.2 Chocolatier stab
Keykobo Cinque Terre

10 Likes

Grainy family photo before I part ways with one or two of these.

16 Likes

Which one is your favorite?

1 Like

Probably the Apple AEK M0115 (I’m typing on it right now). The switches are in worse condition compared to the others, but it just sounds so good!

1 Like

What’s the model of your Pomodoro Cube?

Hey @Saul, I got the pompodoro cube from Amazon. Link below. It’s the Canadian site so not sure if it’s available elsewhere (probably US at least I’d think). It’s pretty good. The top face is the actual timer setting. There’s a volume setting on the side, but I find the high volume to be too loud for me, so I keep it at low setting. I was using my phone before and found I’d get distracted after I reached for my phone, so I got this. Overall, I’d say it probably improved my productivity by like maybe 10%ish?

https://www.amazon.ca/Dicunoy-Productivity-Pomodoro-Countdown-Settings/dp/B09M74VTXG/ref=sr_1_46?sr=8-46

Behold, I finally got around to rebuilding my Duck Raven!

I put a few more shots on my instagram. Lovely old keyboard. Definitely will be using it a lot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/DZ-ceQYkaRn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

14 Likes

Those Duck boards have a unique identity and design language, too bad that they are not produced anymore….

4 Likes

I also miss the classic Ducks and they hardly ever turn up on Mechmarket anymore.

I also have an irrational love for my old QXP.

3 Likes

My main board for darn near a decade was a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with Cherry MX Brown switches - over the years I’ve slowly grown more and more dissatisfied with the lack of tactility and weight to the switches, but I felt silly replacing a keyboard that worked perfectly!

So when we all got forcibly dragged back into the office full time the K70 went to live in my cubicle, and I purchased a Keychron V6 Max hot-swap to fill the void on my home desk :grin: after a bit of research I settled on Cherry MX RGB Clears and some cute cat-themed keycaps from thekapco. The non-ergo Clears are fantastic, but I was devastated to find out that the ones with rgb-friendly housings were recently discontinued by cherry :sob:

I also just recently grabbed a Keychron Q6 Pro in purple (thanks prime day sales!) I’m a huge fan of tactiles so I bought a few different switches to test out and see what I’d like to put in the q6. No photos yet because it’s still in the box but expect some soon!

8 Likes

I’m typing this from my new prose-centric Forty. I guess “prose-centric” is really more about the keymap than anything else (e.g. dash gets more priority than brackets, and no punctuation common in English gets demoted out of the base layer), but I can at least say I think I prefer alphastagger to full ortho. It’s much easier on my crunchy old brain. I swear to god, people who can quickly adapt to radically different layouts are secretly multi-instrumentalist musicians, while I’m still proud of myself for remembering Hot Cross Buns on the recorder.

DCS with some good old fashioned grab-bag Unicorn Barf. ZMK via the ZMK Shield Wizard. Epomaker Budgerigar tactiles. Masonite switch plate, 3D printed case with a kind of modified and obfuscated stack mount, and laser-cut thin ABS to supplement the bottom wedge that houses the RP2040 and six ounces of wheel weights. I don’t generally recommend cutting ABS, because as anyone who’s ever accidentally burnt ABS, it’s pretty stinky and toxic, but between quick cuts on thin stock, good ventilation, and a respirator, I was okay with it.

The keymap layers might get some additional tweaks, and I admit to my shame that I haven’t made the LEDs do anything yet, but the tools to do from-scratch builds have never been better.

More

10 Likes

ooh this is a cute board - I really like how you ended up doing row 3 and 4. And OF COURSE a cute pupper. I love dogs with dots so much :two_hearts:

1 Like