Post Your Keyboards!

Where did you get that cable? Matches really well and I have both the classic and the Hybrid-S.

Olive loaf Clueboard! :upside_down_face: Seriously though, the more I look at it the more this set grows on me. Olivia did a killer job with this colorway IMO (probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer this to Olivia personally). Now to just get my hands on the accent spacebar kit for it for those sweet green spacebars! :smirk:

7 Likes

Love Olive and love the Clueboard. Good looking combo

1 Like

26 Likes

12 Likes

Is it painted or anodized?

Painted using cerakote.

3 Likes

Jelly POM + Cherry Spacebar
This is because the POM spacebar sticks due to the spec being slightly off from the cooling process :frowning:

4 Likes

What cases are those? The second one seems a massdrop CTRL, correct? What about the third one? Thanks.

Yes, the second one it is Drop CTRL, third - Drop Alt.

8 Likes

Interesting. I think I got fooled by the red bit between the arrow keys and the fn one and thought was something different. I’m on the look out of a similar care but less proprietary in the 60/65 percent format. Do you know if anything exists? I know about the TriC60 from LunarDreams but it seems like it’s no more. The low profile from kbdfans is close but doesn’t have the acrylic. But then there is the question, is it a good case in the first place or it’s just look? Shall I aim a plate mounted setup maybe?

I don’t know, to be honest. But if talking about Drop’s keyboards, I think they got lucky with design and suppliers. The design itself is as simple as possible with high quality materials. Now I’ve switched to Ergodox, I have no complaints about the manufacturer and I am happy with the product, but I miss the Drop’s anodized aluminum)
And of course you should take plate mounted with hot-swap switch sockets.

See, my problem is that I have a k-type now, the case is amazing, hence why I’m looking for a smaller version of it, and I love the Halo True but the rest of the keyboard is so meh (I’d post pictures but it’s vanilla). I’m no expert at all, but I’m learning a lot lately by reading the forum and watching video… the stabs are a joke, the rattling is very pronounced, long keys are wobbly and when you hit them even without bottoming out the pinging is audible.

Hot swap is definitely the way I want to go and I’m actually looking at a PCB that also has support switch stabilising pin like on the DZ60 for example. If I could find a similar design but plate mounted instead of case mounted it would be perfect. I guess I need to became a google keywords wizard and scout the internet :slight_smile:

It’s definitely a step up in terms of cost and they’re more sporadically available, but the newer RAMA 60/65% boards all have great ano, hotswap with the PCB leg holes so you don’t have to clip legs, and non-integrated plates.

Rama are a beauty although from their lineup I think I like only the M67-A. I’m not a huge fan of thick cases, that’s maybe why I like the floating style so much I think.

I have been working on this keyboard for a while

It has Cherry MX low profile switches with Ultimate Hacking Keyboard keycaps. Giving a total height of about 20 mm.
This keyboard contains a Raspberry Pi zero as controller. And the current firmware contains both keyboard and mouse functions.

The entire keyboard is documented on Instructables (Cherry Pi Split Mechanical Keyboard).

7 Likes

Sure. You’re probably going to want to look for bottom-mount or tray-mount boards, then. There should be some that have shorter walls so you can get more of that floating feel. There will be some visual separation between the plate/case, though. Having a case top with a non-integrated plate and the floating style would be tough, because there’s so little space to work with.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do some research, there is still so much I have to learn unfortunately in terms of components and their characteristics.