Post your Topre boards

That’s a damn good picture!

1 Like

Whoops! Thought I replied. Yes! They are fantastic. They need a little bump of the sub bass shelf, but other than that, I like them a lot. Thanks! Hoping to get started on a Heavy-9 early next year. Need my #s for the work desk.

FC980C 20201 Transformation.
(in preperation of my Norbauer.)

10 Likes

Looks great. Any other mods?

Edit: Never mind, just remembered you put heavies in it. Did you lube the sliders and stabs?

Not yet. I didn’t expect to like these, so I will be doing that when I swap the letters to BKE lights and also installing DES Keys silencing rings when I do that.

2 Likes

debated putting this in the Mail thread. here’s a new-to-me Heavy-6 Retro with silenced 45g.

previous owners had noted the wear near the spacebar where the coating is coming off and I found a couple of chips/dings, but nothing terrible. in a way I’m kind of glad it already had some wear so I wouldn’t feel overly protective of the board and not want to use it.

ngl partially inspired by @Den-Fi w/r/t the photo; i did an iphone shot a few days ago and then tried it with my grandma camera stuff today. shot’s way more grainy than i prefer but eh, least it got me to dig out the old nikon.

22 Likes

Despite the grain it still conveys the beauty of the finish, the blue accent spacebar is the perfect touch of color for that build, great pic and great board dude!

2 Likes

ty man, that spacebar and the coffee cup were fun to chase! i foolishly thought i wouldn’t need the icono kit.

1 Like

Nice! Love that color.

1 Like

What a lovely build, I’ve never seen Retro on Heavy-6 before!

2 Likes

Thank you! I can’t take any build credit as I did receive the FC660 already lubed and installed. It is a cheerful looking board, and it makes me look forward to sitting at my desk to use it.

2 Likes

I’m a man of simple and relatively expensive taste.

17 Likes

The hybrid is just such a great all around board.

HHKB JP BT with Hipro caps (artisan: DC Ariete),

18 Likes

Hyperfused NorbaForce Mark I:

8 Likes

i’m intrigued–ive not seen an HHKB keyboard with arrow keys! neat.

@keshley am a fan of the hyperfuse accent keys :smiley:

1 Like

Realforce RGB TKL in Norbaforce Mark II GOCF Edition with MT3 Susuwatari

16 Likes

How do you like MT3 on Topre? I’m thinking of getting some sliders to put dev/tty Elven on my FC660C.

I did not know there was an HHKB with arrow keys! This changes things for me considerably.

2 Likes

You might need to order it directly from Japan, thank God for the proxy shipping services. :wink: