Post your Topre boards

Didn’t someone create resin sliders that were really nice a few years back? That being said, I just wish that Topre would make the original Novatouch sliders and housings more available, instead of having to rely on… the RFRGB. Ick.

1 Like

I’d like to, ahem, volunteer GMK to recreate Novatouch sliders. They are thriving in the MX world and would benefit from opening up Topre market to high quality MX keycaps like GMK. Their dedication to precision and quality is exactly what’s needed to remake MX-compatible Topre sliders.

5 Likes

get ready for the 80 bajillion moq

1 Like

I’ve typed on a RFRGB once or twice before and my impression of it wasn’t so bad. The keys were swapped out for something nicer than stock. But just curious, what’s the beef with RFRGB? Are the mx sliders no good or something?

Curious as well. Thinking about picking one up to build out a Norbaforce R2…

Another shot from a few days ago, Norbatouch:

8 Likes

The beef is it’s, uh, $300.

![IMG_3104|690x333](upload://gZW

Not entirely a repost :stuck_out_tongue: I had picked this keyboard up second hand some time ago but it has mostly just sat on display. Well, this weekend I decided to pull it completely apart and clean everything including PCB, domes, and housing as well as lubed stabilizers to get rid of any rattle. Additionally, I had recently acquired some keys from a couple of different RealForce boards so I denture tab’d those babies and here is what I have to show for my efforts. I hope you all appreciate it as much as I do. Cheers!

10 Likes

HHKB - Hi-Pro - Plant not included

13 Likes

My first Topre, the Leopold FC980C.
Now I want an FC660C + Heavy-6 Aperture.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Remember when I said I wanted an FC660C & Heavy-6 last week?
Sigh… I have no self-control.

17 Likes

Done for now.
I’ll install the BKE domes when I find the right solution for MX sliders.

18 Likes

I would try out BKE domes before you invest in new sliders - I liked them at first, but recently removed all of mine from all but one of my topre boreds (an HHKB with BKE lights and thick silencing rings) bringing everything back to 45g stock.

insanely nice

1 Like

8 Likes

How are you enjoying the new realforce?

NIZ 2019 EC Switches finally came in the other day so I replaced all my 1U Novatouch switches to test. They’re actually great after a little padding to keep them from moving (they’re 0.2" shorter on one side than the NT sliders), come with silencing rings preinstalled and have longer stems than the NT sliders even with silencing ring installed. I can take some photos and put a new post together if people are curious.

Please ignore my double Return… On another note, anyone have a 1.75 right DEV/TTY shift I can purchase off them…

7 Likes

Great ! How is the key wobble?

I took the two artisans in the photo off and tested it just now (the Insert key location has a LED so I’m using the original stock housing with a NT slider there) The wobble doesn’t feel any different between the two honestly.

That’s great, they sound like a great alternative for novatouch sliders