Post your Topre boards

This is my little topre collection from Brazil.

RealForce: “50g” domes from the white FC660C.

White FC660C: purple sliders from a R2 RF, 87u 55g domes.

Black FC660C: stock purple sliders, 55g domes from R2 RF.

(R2’s 55g feels a lot lighter than 87u’s 55g. Does anyone knows why?)

8 Likes

Nice boards! I believe they changed the manufacturing facility from somewhere in Japan to somewhere in S. Korea or China for the rd.2s. So probably a different material supplier now as well would explain the difference in feel between domes. I could be wrong about that, but I know they changed the manu. facility for 660Cs so I’m assuming the same goes for all Topre boards. I don’t think Leopold makes the 660C themselves?

2 Likes

Just updated my Norbatouch with some KAM Starry Nights

7 Likes

Those stars are blinding with their reflection. Cool set!

My humble HHKB Pro

13 Likes

Nothing says “humble” like gold. :joy:

Nice HHKB. Did you paint it? Cerakote? Or is it just really yellowed with age?

2 Likes

just elegantly seasoned from '04 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Which stems do you have on your board?

I have the KBDfans mx/topre stems on that board at the moment

How are they? I was thinking of ordering a set because mine (Originative JTK stems) have a slight twist to some / or are too big so some of the keys will fly off while typing.

I’m thinking of trying out some BKE Redux light domes in my Realforce. How do they compare to 55g that I currently have? I find find 55g a tad too heavy for my tastes.

Get niz 2019 sliders & housings and fit them in your board :slight_smile:

I love them, but the sliders I have are definitely impacting my overall experience. :frowning:

I just ordered kbdfans and the NIZ sliders/housings. I’ll see how they turn out.

1 Like

Can you make a video once you put them in? I’m really curious to see what they sound like. I’ve thought about doing the same thing.

Sure thing. I have a bunch of pictures from the build to post too.

• Topre 9009 keycap from KBDfans
  • Ultra Light PKE Redux domes and R2 padding from KeyClack
  • Lubed with Christo-Lube 129

BKE Redux domes and padding from KeyClack are tad too spicy, short-breathed, and sluggish in use so I plan to restore stock domes, replace padding with Deskey #3, and relube with Christo-Lube 112 sometime in the near future.

7 Likes

Gorgeous build! I also put topre 9009 on my HHKB and it looks so good.

1 Like

Norbaforce/87U with NiZ Sliders and housings. Keycap slant is much, much better than KBDfans sliders, but it’s still not perfect.

13 Likes

It’s weird that no one has been able to recreate Novatouch sliders yet.

4 Likes