Post your Topre boards

Spacebar. I have a few options coming in, but both take forever to ship.

How did you do the stabilized keys? Did you drill the slider housings or remove the extra legs on the keycaps? What did you end up doing for the spacebar?

I drilled out the housings. I didn’t want to damage the keycaps since I changes those around more often.
As far as the spacebar, I just flipped the stock spacebar so that it meets my thumbs. I am looking for a proper SA space in the meantime though. I ordered the shapeways 3D printed one. It has bad reviews, but my friend who works with resin is willing to look at it and come up with something in his spare time. Also ordered an MX SA spacebar. Tracking down a costar 6U stab for it if it matches this key set.

ah OK good luck on the rest of the process. Looks great so far.

1 Like

let’s learn the alphabet! R-G-B!!!

11 Likes

That polycarb norbaforce case is the bees knees! She’s a beaut!

2 Likes

Does this count?

3 Likes

Is Realforce discontinuing the 87U?

are those plate holes for topre sliders?

Was it not discontinued when the R2 came out?

1 Like

I don’t know? I always assumed that R2 was aimed at gamers and they would keep the 87U or update them.

Also, I remember browsing their website not too long ago and the 87U was in the regular “office” section. If I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Oh I dunno I always just assumed they were replacements, what gamer is going to want a beige keyboard? The RGB ones are for gamers

2 Likes

Good point

They are where the PCB mounts from the underside. The slider housings are harvested from a realforce. This is a Noxary Evija HG

1 Like

16 Likes

wow thats awesome, whats the process for adding a custom cable to a realforce numpad?

Pexon PCs does a realforce custom cable. You just have to tell them what length you want.

2 Likes

Great shot ! I’ll raise you with this :

Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 Type S

Modifications: Novatouch sliders, Type S silencing rings, Yang Bluetooth controller + 1500mah battery, north facing keyswitch washers, 205 G2 lubed

Keycaps: Cherry KA 1953 + HADitionals kit + EPBT 9009 beige 6u spacebar

8 Likes

Arrgh! Windows keys! Where you find?!

They are from an older set called Cherry KA 1953 that ran in 2016 on Geekhack

1 Like