Post Your Typing Sounds!

I stumbled across a pretty nifty typing site. It’s a trainer of sorts, but instead of random words or quotes it uses educational fun-facts. I know so much more trivia now.

https://www.typingclub.com/sportal/program-3.game

4 Likes

Evija HHKB polycarbonate with aluminum plate, 45g domes, old RF87u housings, worn down hhkb sliders.

7 Likes

oh yeh Outemu Blues on a thin sheet-metal and plastic keeb, with keys that look like a typewriter and a makeup display got together.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I’m gonna try to make this thing sound good. A review of this keeb in its stock form and a follow-up mod video are on the way.

4 Likes

Borrowed a friends Noah for a type test. Yes, the spacebar is an old Durock V1 with a very very scuffed wire. (Be warned)
https://youtu.be/RF7R7NxSRrk

Finally got around to doing a sound test on my daily driver as well.

3 Likes

:notes: click, click, clackitty, click, thump, clicky, clack, clack, thump, thocc :musical_note:

Sound test with the new 4.75mm brass plate, lubed Boba U4T switches, and KAT Space Cadet caps. I did use a layer of tape between the plate and pcb and case foam.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VVeZ9yfRhm5URfELIt9eHordrB5aMxZN/view?usp=drivesdk

7 Likes

Sleeper board.

1 Like

It really is. I love it. Been on my desk since I built it. Overtook my Eighty as the main in the rotation haha

The clack is so clean. Loud but without noticeable reverb. Sweet!

1 Like

Thanks!

Recorded in a noisy work environment for maximum immersive realism. :stuck_out_tongue:

BBOX 60 enclosure by BUGER.WORK; C64 edition

• GK61x PCB

• Aluminum plate; facilitates using GK PCB with standard GH standoff pattern

• No-name plate-mount stabs, lubed w/ dielectric grease

• TTC Frozen Silent linear switches

• MCR Horseman (kit B) double-shot ABS keycaps

Previously, I had SA Chocolatier on this keeb - and it looked amazing. It sounded… rough:

What a difference! The heavy tactiles with bad stabs and chunky keys were just too overwhelming a cacophony for this enclosure and aluminum plate. It looks great, but makes a dreadful din.

The Frozen Silents are some of the most quiet switches I own, but I think they actually sound fantastic when amplified by the BBOX. I really like this new config a lot more than I expected to. It even looks better than I thought it would:

Hard to really capture the colors with a phone camera; they’re a bit exaggerated here.

Gotta say, this is more satisfaction than I ever expected to get from my humble GK61x. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
6 Likes

Portico68 Black Label

• Foam gasket mount, alu chassis
  • Custom POM plate from Hypekeyboards.ca
  • Fekker Matcha linear switches, stock
  • TX stabs, lightly tuned & balanced with washers
  • DCX caps (double-shot ABS, Cherry-like profile)
2 Likes

Do you find the TX stabs stem to hit the housing at certain angles?

My nylon TX Stabs have zero ticks in the stem but the housing causes a slight ticking when I press the spacebar at ceratin angles while typing.

Also, those matcha switches sound great stock.

Are you sure it’s the stabilizer? The noise you described is something that I’ve found often comes from the switch in the space bar when pressed at hard angles.

How does one make a half-decent recording? I tried to record the new switches in the Cozy75 as I was reasonably pleased with the muted/mellow sound, but neither voice memo nor video recording on my iPhone sounded even vaguely like what I was hearing irl…

I do have a Yeti microphone at home but that seemed like overkill for a quick recording?

I’m 99% sure it’s the stab because the switch is an EV-01 switch with a very good stem wobble and it’s filmed and lubed, but I’ll check this later to make sure, IIRC you tested it by putting a switch without a top housing right?

If that’s happen to be the, what’s the solution?

Lube is the only solution I’ve found. Im not positive, but it seems the ticking is often caused by the stem rattling against the walls of the switch. My black lotus switches did that on some 1u switches until I lubed them. They’ve remained quiet since, except for the space bar. That switch still does it if I wobble the space bar up and down at sharp angles.

2 Likes

A quick recording doesn’t have to be low quality just because it’s quick :slight_smile: Put that Yeti mic to work!

2 Likes

Ha! Noted… :wink: will have to wait until I’m back home then :beach_umbrella::surfing_man:t3:

1 Like