[PROXY] Lynn Montage (CANCELLED AND REFUNDED)

Update:

I’m sorry to announce that the Lynn Montage GB has been cancelled.

The TLDR of it is that Lynn recently announced (about 5 hours ago) another version of the Montage in addition to the weightless and weighted versions. This version was to be full brass or full stainless steel Montage at the price of around $850 and limited to 5 units. A few community members took offense and they attacked Lynn on a personal level. They hurled insults and allegations that were even directed at his family and friends. In response, Lynn has decided to cancel the GB.

I want to ensure everyone that I plan to fully refund everyone’s money. However, these turn of events has put me in a pickle.

I only have a Korean Paypal account which has a few limitations compared to most other Paypal accounts. First, I can only refund money from the funds in my Paypal account. Second, I can not add funds to my paypal account from my Korean bank account.

These limitations pose a problem because I already withdrew most of the money from the Lynn Montage proxy orders into my Korean bank account and I have no easy way to add it back.

My primary plan is to wire transfer money to an immediate family member in the US. Have that person send the money to me through Paypal via friends and family. Then, I will be able to process the refunds through my Paypal. I’m sorry to say that I don’t know how long this process will take. But I hope that you will be understanding as I estimate that I will be out on about $400 to $500 as Paypal will be keeping the transaction fees and I will also have to pay wire transfer fees.

I feel that this will be the fastest, safest, and cheapest way for me to refund your orders. Again, I ask for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Original Post:

Hi everyone! Seoulcialite here with a new proxy offering.

This is kind of a “flash” sale because the invoices will be due by July 14th 11pm EST. I would have offered this earlier but I was waiting for more details about the GB which I still failed to obtain. And as proxying a keyboard GB is a new venture for me, it will be limited to 10 orders from Keebtalk. (I will be proxying 20 orders total with the other 10 coming from community friends.) Anyways, here’s some information about the keyboard.

The keyboard is from Lynn (of Dolinger, Dolphin, and Whale fame) who has given me permission to proxy the boards. The keyboard is called Montage and it is a top-mount TKL. It will be offered in both Winkey and WKL layouts. And it will be offered in weight-less ($220) and weighted versions ($320). The weight-less version will NOT have a cut-out to add a weight later. Both versions include top housing, bottom housing, 1.5mm aluminum plate, screws, and bumpers.

The board is compatible with a87 PCB but it will NOT included with the main purchase and may not be available as an option when the GB goes live. I’m 99% sure that the board will be compatible with Hiney h87 PCB but I cannot guarantee it. I may be able to purchase the a87 PCBs separately from the WinKeyLess store which is still operating domestically in Korea but at limited capacity.

The production is slated to be completed by Christmas of this year. There is more information about the keyboard and available options in the form: FORM CLOSED

You will notice the options are not clear-cut. I apologize for that but I made the form with all the information that I could gather. My conversations with Lynn has been limited and he has not been very responsive. The responses that he did give lacked the finalized details of the GB. He did state that there will be 3 or less color choices offered and many options would probably be removed.

The form will be open for 24 hours and if there are more than 10 submissions, the spots will be raffled.

1 Like

These are the latest pictures which only included renders of black housing. There may be minor changes with the finalized board.

Thanks for sharing here, @Seoulcialite

Is the aluminum plate included in the base price only offered in silver or will it color match the board? I realize you might not know, but thought I would ask.

Unfortunately, I do not know. I am leaning towards silver because I believe previous aluminum plates from Lynn have usually been silver or red. I feel he would have mentioned something if plates were a non-silver color.

The information I have gathered has come from his Naver Cafe site (which I believe only those with Korean Citizen number or resident ID number can join) and my limited conversations from him.

Dang I’m not looking to get a new TKL right now but otherwise I would totes hop in

There were about 22 submissions so I had to do a raffle. Invoices have been sent. If you didn’t get an invoice, I’m sorry to say that you didn’t win a spot. If you did get an invoice and there is a mistake with your options, please notify me as soon as possible.

Some options listed in my form will not be available when the GB goes live. So, please check this page on the 19th through 21st (and your discord/e-mail as well) for updates. I may need to hear back from you to confirm changes in your order.

Thanks for the opportunity. Invoice paid.

I’m sorry to announce that the Lynn Montage GB has been cancelled.

The TLDR of it is that Lynn recently announced (about 5 hours ago) another version of the Montage in addition to the weightless and weighted versions. This version was to be full brass or full stainless steel Montage at the price of around $850 and limited to 5 units. A few community members took offense and they attacked Lynn on a personal level. They hurled insults and allegations that were even directed at his family and friends. In response, Lynn has decided to cancel the GB.

I want to ensure everyone that I plan to fully refund everyone’s money. However, these turn of events has put me in a pickle.

I only have a Korean Paypal account which has a few limitations compared to most other Paypal accounts. First, I can only refund money from the funds in my Paypal account. Second, I can not add funds to my paypal account from my Korean bank account.

These limitations pose a problem because I already withdrew most of the money from the Lynn Montage proxy orders into my Korean bank account and I have no easy way to add it back.

My primary plan is to wire transfer money to an immediate family member in the US. Have that person send the money to me through Paypal via friends and family. Then, I will be able to process the refunds through my Paypal. I’m sorry to say that I don’t know how long this process will take. But I hope that you will be understanding as I estimate that I will be out on about $400 to $500 as Paypal will be keeping the transaction fees and I will also have to pay wire transfer fees.

I feel that this will be the fastest, safest, and cheapest way for me to refund your orders. Again, I ask for your understanding and patience in this matter.

2 Likes

yyyyikes

Rip

Hey @Seoulcialite, if it helps at all I am willing to take proxy credit towards a future purchase/buy if you are willing.

1 Like

That’s a mega-yikes

Holy shit

Big oof

This could be an actual blessing, because we all know what happened last time Lynn had a US proxy (He ghosted everyone for 2 years, made tons of excuses, and then decided to “ship” a handful of boards, some of which are still not shipped (this is not the whole story with the GB im talking about, but a small amount of the drama that unfolded)).

2 Likes

What in the goddamn is it with overseas scammers in this hobby?

It’s hard for anyone to come after you if you’re overseas

1 Like

Well his last US proxy was based in the US I believe. With me being in Korea, it would have been fairly easy for me to go after him legally in the case he failed to deliver after giving him the money.

3 Likes

It looks like Paypal still hasn’t implemented the policy of keeping transaction fees yet when refunding invoices. I’ll still lose about 2.5% of the total from the currency conversion fee. But it’s a lot better than 2.5% + 4.4% (transaction fee for international payments)!

A few community members took offense and they attacked Lynn on a personal level. They hurled insults and allegations that were even directed at his family and friends. In response, Lynn has decided to cancel the GB.

And this is why we can’t have nice things …

2 Likes