Rama kara

The M60A has an integrated plate and those typically cause a good amount of case ping.

@Dr.Doof, as a counterexample, sound is not yet a quality I prioritize over feel and appearance. So, when considering a RAMA keyboard, at the least, it’s not a negative.

1 Like

This is fair, and it seems that Rama prefers silent switches, and a more muted sound profile in the board overall, so it is perhaps not even a negative sound quality to some.

1 Like

Finished my Review!

12 Likes

Thx for in-depth review.

1 Like

This was a great review to watch – definitely the most information I’ve seen in one place re: the KARA, and thanks to you I ordered one! Looking forward to trying one out, I’m excited to try out the RAMA mute mount for the first time, until my U-80a seq. 2 comes in a year (or two…).

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping mine doesn’t creak!

Last day to join the GB I believe.

I went with Soya, int dampener + weight, and alu plate. I decided against the extra PCB, just trusting that the wilba design will hold true in the long term.

1 Like

I decided against the extra PCB

I ultimately decided against it as well. $80 isn’t cheap, and Rama has a good reputation of taking care of these problems when they arise.

1 Like

Will they be selling the cases separately? I pre-ordered the Azur, but would like to pick up a Moon or Soya for swapping

I don’t believe so. just the backplates are customizable it seems.

Lot of people buying in on this. I’ve decided to pass, and hoping I don’t regret it… :grimacing: (fight the fomo. fight, the, fo, mo)

1 Like

I’ve feeling these will be restocked on a regular basis considering that they’re injection molding.

2 Likes

yeah I heard that the cost of creating the injection molds is very expensive so definitely these will be on constant runs after each batch of pre-orders get delivered

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 2.37.37 PM :eyes:

6 Likes

I hope they sell the brass plate soon, I want that thock damn it!

I’ve been thinking about this too. However, knowing RAMA, they tend to not offer the exact color options twice. This makes them special for each release, so I could see a sort of on going color rotation with them.

Which would be awesome.

1 Like

I got myself on the Azur! …actually the Kara sounds pretty good given the right switches. Has a nice creamy thock to it. :slight_smile:

Now really looking forward to the Thermal+ on Rama Works too! :smiley: Guess Wilba will make some fixes to it given there are some feedback regarding the pinging issues.

There is a thermal v2 coming?

Wilba has said it is. Along with a 65% “Thermal+” version. Should be quickly after all the r1’s are out.