Rama kara

just another post to remind my fellow keeb enthusiasts that I too am still waiting on my Kara.

You’re not alone.

5 Likes

let’s huddle and stay strong guys! :stuck_out_tongue: I am still waiting for mine haha!

4 Likes

Is it safe to assume everyone here who’s still waiting on one ordered theirs with either a dampener or weight? I ordered mine with a dampener and it hasn’t shipped yet :grimacing:

I frankly have been disappointed by them not really sticking by their promise of updates every two weeks. I’m don’t mind a delay (i was one of those who ordered an Iced M65-B) but I mean we’re about to hit the end of Q2 from a promise of Q1 delivery without any real statement of timeline or status. For those who bought this as their first board and entry to the hobby they could of really done better than this.

1 Like

I’ve seen builds with dampeners on Reddit and here. Seems scattershot.

Yeah, I got mine with a dampener and received it a month ago.

I got a dampener and a weight, so I’ll probably be last :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Luckily it’s summer, and the beaches beckon. It helps keep one’s mind off shipping notifications haha.

2 Likes

I got one with dampener and one without and I’m a big dummy and ordered them separately and both already came like a long time ago (maybe a month?) the one without the dampener came like a week earlier

1 Like

Yea. That makes sense to me. I have a internal weight on mine and like @sarvopari am still waiting for my order. Is what it is!

Some more transparency would be nice of course.

3 Likes

I agree they could have handled it better, but I feel like if it is your first board, your expectations for the hobby moving forward are set appropriately. As a matter of fact, delivery might be quick compared to follow-up groupbuys.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just feel like it was an opportunity for someone at their size and scale to do better. The timeline even with this delay is still impressive, and imo delays are always perfectly fine if you communicate it. They’re just not doing that. It doesn’t take much to engage with your buyers when you promise to, that’s just good practice.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing, haha. Nice to see it in action:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYXSjOH4FO/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

yeah…even a simple message of “sorry we are facing issues, and working hard to send these out. thanks for your patience” will do for me

2 Likes

https://rama.works/updates/2021/6/23/project-updates-late-june-2021

KARA

Our manufacturer has informed us that the KARA production run of W01-A Internal Weights has still not left port since the 2nd of June due to ongoing issues with port availability.

The freight forwarder has even attempted to transport the container by truck to an alternative port with no success.

Currently, the shipment is expected to depart on the 26th of June and arrive by early-mid July.

Given the amount of time customers have now been waiting, we have decided to ship all KARA orders and then ship the W01-A weights separately once they have arrived.

Customers who have not yet received their KARA order can expect to receive a shipping confirmation within the next 1-2 weeks.

4 Likes

I didn’t order an internal weight… But I did order pretty close to the tail end of the GB with an internal dampener.

1 Like

Thanks for posting it here! Finally there is some update! Same here, I didn’t order the weights but not sure why it was stuck together with the orders with the weights. :frowning:

1 Like

I surmise that’s because KARA fulfillment was paused once Jules arrived. I believe RAMA’s general policy, which they’ve noted somewhere, is to ship out in order of GB date.

1 Like

Ordered Kara and 1 dampener, 1 extra alu plate. Just received shipping notification today! Hopefully you guys get it soon as well.

4 Likes

Shipping notification for an iced Kara with internal dampener!

3 Likes

Also finally got shipment notification, iced and internal dampener. I have also ordered in the last days of the group buy IIRC.

2 Likes

Same! Finally! after 6 months of wait, it’s finally here! :smiley:

2 Likes