Rama kara

I HAVE FINALLY RECEIVED IT TODAY! WOOHOO first Rama board to land on my doorstep! :smiley:

So far I am liking the typing feel and it looks way cuter in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Ordered on the very last day of group buy and just received the shipment information.

KARA Soya, internal dampener, starter kit.

I was about to cancel my order but now I am excited to finally get it into my hands.

1 Like

I also thought it was hard to get a nice pic of it, but I say that a lot considering my camera is of the phone variety

yeah agree, it’s super hard to capture the Azur colour with my camera phone and even trying to edit it takes quite sometime and yet still can’t fully get it right :stuck_out_tongue:

When everyone except you is receiving shipping notifications so you have the check again to make sure you actually completed your order.

4 Likes

Haha @rbrt.pnssn, if it helps ease your mind, I haven’t received my notification yet either.

1 Like

It’s here! I had to leave town before I could give it a test drive or take a pic. Had a little bit of trouble getting the bottom plate to align with the rest of the case. But everything else went smoothly.

i think there’s a known issue/fix for the jst cable.

Yeah, I was trying to be mindful of the just cable and thought I had it clear. I’ll give it another look in a couple of days.

yeah my first time assembling it I had to shift the JST cable away to not be squished from the thickest point of the dampener then the top and bottom cases fitted well!

2 Likes

Received my KARA yesterday!

8 Likes

happy that you got yours too! What switches did you have for it? :smiley:

I have ordered the starter kit with it, so I have Novelkeys Creams, I need to lube them as they are a disgrace in my opinion when they are stock :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Received my shipping notification today, and it seems the weight is included :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

same. the end of our wait is near my friend. =D

2 Likes

We shall celebrate like there’s no SEQ2

2 Likes

heh, actually after using the Kara for a few days, I realized…It’s not really for me though - the front height of the board is a tad too high that I find it uncomfortable typing because I don’t float my wrist when I type…

But it’s such a cute board nonetheless and the typing feel is nubbad!

I built my soya and I’m disappointed by a few things.

1. The bottom screws do not align properly. This makes it a huge pain to disassemble to replace the caps (I’m worried about messing up the high profile case inner sides).

2. Related to this, the bottom plate does not fit perfectly in the housing. This results in a clicking sound from the housing touching the bottom plate when I pick it up. None of my keyboards have ever had this issue and it’s bothering me more than it probably should. It feels cheap.

3. I haven’t seen this posted but the back plate on mine is pretty warped. It’s not the jst cable bending issue. It’s that the back plate itself is wavy. It’s kind of like a wide W shape if that makes sense, with the middle near the USB port sticking out more than the rest. Also it’s not a super tight fit in the housing, leaving some small gaps.

I’d like to remedy these and I’m looking for ideas. Was thinking a thin layer of electrical tape in the housing to make the bottom plate fit tighter and eliminate the play. How would I go about fixing the alignment of the screws, and the back plate warping. I saw using a hair dryer as an option to fix warping. Would appreciate some guidance with that. I assume just heat it up and try and bend it back straight, but are there any tricks to getting it perfectly straight?

My kbd67 lite feels like it costs twice as much in comparison to this. It’s a shame because it looks so nice and everything else about it is quality. I’m curious to hear anyone else experiencing these two issues. I hate feeling like I got a lemon, so it would be nice to know I’m not alone.

1 Like

oh no…have you written in to rama works to get support?

1 Like

Hey there! Just registered to reply to you. I have exactly the same issue with bottom screws alignment and creaking/ticking sound while pushing the sides or bottom of the case. I.e. the case feels so cheap and unsturdy. I tried to reassemble it several times with no luck.

It makes no issues when you just use the keeb for typing/gaming, but when you know there is some creaking noise, you just cannot forget about it :\

I thought Rama Quality is top-notch, but seems they just do not care much about QC for Kara because of the number of order they received. Moreover, this is what we have received after 6 months of wait and 3 months of delay.

I will try e-mailing them, but I do not know what they can offer. Seems like this is an issue with overall cheap design and unaligned mounting points.