Rama m65-b

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ULuAknBBf/

oh my lort…

7 Likes

Oh my is right! This + JTK Yolch or GMK Serika would be epic!

2 Likes

Surely it will use a new PCB, but I wonder what else will change? Leaf spring plate would be cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good god I would hope so

1 Like

For the uninitiated, what was the criticism of the m65-a PCBs?

1 Like

The original one was designed by a guy that knew absolutely nothing about electronics and it showed. The big one was the combo of the nylon bottom and and lack of ESD protection meant that it was especially prone to ESD, I have never ever had any ESD issue in my house, but I would touch it and feel a shock and then the regulator would need to be replaced. The guy that did it was not at all professional about it when I contacted him and suggested I not wear socks in my house (I don’t anyway)… It also used bootmapper instead of QMK. IIRC I got a QMK PCB for it too at some point but was so fed up and didn’t want to desolder all the switches so I ended up selling it.

3 Likes

Oh damn, I’m glad Rama has worked with wilba since. I can’t imagine making the investment in a RAMA board only to have static put it down :fearful:
My cousin got a Koyu and it seemed like a dream to work with.

Yeah, I remember there being a lot of issues with Keyclack for that board, and with keyclack in general around that time. I think there were fulfillment issues too, I remember getting mine within a reasonable amount of time and being lucky to have had it then. This thread comes to mind. I had fine experiences getting the bke redux domes from them, so maybe they have improved since?

1 Like

I’m loving all these yellow boards coming out right now, makes me wish I bought two Yolches haha

2 Likes

Oh man, m65-a was such a bust. It took forever to get mine. I was so sour that I am just now starting to appreciate the board. It took that long for me to get over it.

I almost wish I kept mine, I was so annoyed I ended up selling it, at cost even

Jchan has been back & forth between being on top of Keyclack stuff & nigh unfindable as long as I have been aware of KC. Although I’m pretty sure fulfillment times are the only big issues he’s ever had. AFAIK he has delivered all the stuff he sold, just some it way way late. I guess better than never though?

Pretty much my experience as well

I can’t quickly find any sources but I was definitely not the only one that had issues with the m65A PCB.

1 Like

Oh yeah that PCB was a mess & nightmare. I was more speaking to how he runs KC, you are right though, that PCB was a huge issue for you guys that bought in to the M65a.

1 Like

I wonder how much interchangeability there will be between the A and B. I would love to mix and match some parts from my M65A with the B.

1 Like

If I hadn’t bought the QMK PCB I wouldn’t have been able to sell it with good conscience.

1 Like

But it really seems like it’s two sides of a coin, I got my bke redux right away all three times I ordered and boy are they awesome.

1 Like

I’m the same way, even when the buyer is fully aware of the flaws of whatever I may be selling. I hate sending anything out of my hands not 100% working & preferably with no bodge fixes or compromises on how the product is supposed to go together. Always awesome to hear there is another one of us like that in the community!

Same here, actually all my orders from KC have went over without a hitch TBH. Although I haven’t bought a ton from Jchan either. I’ve got the first two WK-001 artisans (Sunshine Warrior & Nighttime Unicorn I believe they were named), a pack of 70 BKE extremes, & a pack of the V1 silencing rings (which he actually sent me a pack of the V2 rings for free to replace the V1s since they had issues for a lot of people. Not me though & I didn’t even contact him about it!) All in all I personally have no issue of buying through KC, but their GBs do give me a bit of a pause since a good bit of them got really delayed & then was slowly fulfilled.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot about the WK-001s, I got those too, some of the very few artisans I own. They were going to be awesome with my hidden lab gundam kit :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Well it looks like I’ve derailed this thread, I will most likely be joining for that yellow one for sure