Rama m65-b

Curious what other colors there will be - I’ve got a sage koyu I like very much. Besides the pcb what are the main differences between the two?

Probably color/finishes, and maybe the base? The original one had a nylon base by default with an option to upgrade to aluminum, I wonder if the nylon will still be offered.

I find it interesting because I thought Rama said the koyu seq2 was coming in a couple months too :thinking:. Lots of 65% love I guess

Yeah, tbh I thought that the koyu was a replacement for the m65

That would have made more sense to me. Tbh if they offer something in lake or rose gold I’ll probably pick one up for the sake of it. Bought an e-yellow Polaris so less interested in that particularly

Dammit, I thought I was done buying boards for a while.

I had the original M65-A from the Group buy with the Nylon base, and I like the look, though they did have fitment issues (the base was quite thin in a couple of places and coupled with the geometry of the base, this results in some warping that made it very difficult to screw the base down)

I hope the revision keeps the nylon base as an option (and if they do, hopefully changes can be made to reduce warping)

1 Like

I’m glad he is doing the M65-B. I much prefer it over the Koyu, especially since it doesn’t have an integrated plate.

M65-B tank version is my dream.

You’re in luck! (Look at the whole thread)
https://twitter.com/ramaworks/status/1173433177576071168

2 Likes

So what I gather from that tweet is that one board will be released as a morph between the two (Koyu/M65). Am I correct in interpreting it that way?

They gave some additional clarification on Instagram, sounds like they are merging the two into one:

KOYU and M65 is part of the same family of products, just the M65-B will be launching (I.e KOYU SEQ2)

1 Like

Ahhh yes, I see it now. Should be launched in a couple weeks looks like. I also see RAMA stated it would come in two colorways (moon and yolk).

Meh. RAMA hype rubs me the wrong way like Sir Ive and Instagram crowd does.

Just curious, what about the hype rubs your the wrong way? (I’m fairly new to this hobby and I was looking to snag me an M65-B)

That they seem to be more into industrial design than engineering. Form can matter but not if it lacks in function.

2 Likes

Looking at the first run of the M65-A it’s hard to argue against your point. Although I do believe Rama is actively trying to get the function of his boards up to par with the aesthetics. Although I do agree function over form is a must for something like a KB, if you don’t go about it that way you end up with, well the M65-A…

Thank you for your insight! And I have heard that about RAMA, and have also heard what Rob27shred said, that they are learning from their mistakes with the M65-A

So I’m hopeful =)

Looks like this M65-B will have a blocker between arrow cluster and modifier which is a stop factor for me. Sad. It’s not that M65 I am waiting for.

Awww really? I don’t prefer it, but I may still get it. Where did you find the picture?