Rama m65-b

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3HqverjsB6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Based on the plate, you can assume there is a blocker. There’s only 1 switch to the right of the space bar.

Ahhhh…yea I see that now…darn. Will probably still get it lol

Huh, that’s odd: there appears to be a cutout right there in the MUTE layer for a switch where there isn’t one in the plate.

koyu with mute mount

And normal backspace.

1 Like

The sound of this board should be light years better than the unibody of the koyu.

Depends on what you’re looking for in sound. I just tried out a build tonight with a copper plate, plate foam, pcb, case foam. In a klippe case it sounded crap. Basically no noise other than the higher pitches from the stem hitting the switch housings inside. Took out the case foam an put it in a wooden case and it sounded deeper and slightly thocky.

It’s all subjective, I suppose.

Guess we’ll see soon enough.

1 Like

Padding should be used to reduce unwanted noise without suffocating the sound we like.
Too much padding turns the case into a coffin.

2 Likes

Looks like it will launch on October 25th.

1 Like

With a damn spacer/blocker. =\

I’m surprised that RAMA isnt making multiple tops or versions that have the different layouts, since this would be the best way to get that to happen on one of his boards, but I guess not. Either way, I love the blocker and hate that the only boards that I have now don’t have it lol.

I have several 65% boards with blockers, and 4 or 5 without. I really don’t notice a difference in daily use. The reference for hitting the arrow cluster for me is the right arrow, not the left, so it’s all just aesthetic.

I like the aesthetic of the M65-a without the blocker b/c of the way the keys are set up higher and the thickness of the bezel. But we’ll see how this one looks soon.

1 Like

So Rama said this thing was dropping today in a comment on instagram. I see no indication of it anywhere. I’ve got no email or see any mentions this morning of a go live. I still don’t even see the board on their site yet.

iirc RAMA releases tend to be later in the day in US time zones so they can be early morning releases in their time zone over in Australia. So, you know, we aren’t keeping them up all night for a launch.

Yeah, I just spoke to them and they told me it goes live @ 6pm PST.

1 Like

I set an alarm for 6pm PST so I can buy one right when it comes out (even though I probably don’t need to do that lol)

Yeah, I understand your excitement and I’m with you but RAMA GB’s usually last a month. Idk what timezone you’re in but I definitely wouldn’t be getting out of bed for it :slight_smile:

haha yea totally. I’m in PST and will still be at work (i.e. in front of a computer), so it isn’t really an inconvenience for me

Preorder open!

I’m kinda interested in the ICED edition, but I’m definitely not going for it right now because I’m not a huge fan of 65% layouts. If they make another plastic board in HHKB, or, god forbid, 96/1800, I’m all over that.

1 Like

Also the chosen pack-in switches are…

60g Aliaz? Okay, I mean. I guess?

3 Likes