RAMA WORKS U80-A SEQ2 now available for pre-order!

Yes, it’s gray. Rama boards in silver are “mist”

2 Likes

u80 is very nice indeed. The Mute mount is legit, but it is true to its name. If you are looking for a board that emphasizes CLACKS, I would look elsewhere.

That does sound nice!

I presume the lack of flex comes from the way the PCB screws into the plate; I imagine that’d effectively lock the PCB to flexing only as much as the plate does. It might be flexier with the polycarbonate ICED plate than with the brass/aluminum ones, since the plate material would flex more?

Wonder if there’d be a way to design the PCB’s mounting points to somewhat decouple its flexing capabilities from the plate’s (without allowing it to deviate so far as to unhook switches from the plate or pull them out of their sockets during use). Could be another use case for the PCB cutouts Gondolindrim designed for the Lasgweloth PCB, potentially (if that works the way it’s intended to work).

I don’t think the PCB mounts for the hotswap version would be any different compared to using a soldered PCB

The real question is which is the best color this time? :thinking:

My bet is Soya

4 Likes

Are yolk’idding me?! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m on the Soya train.

Do you have an U80? Does it sound more thock than clack, and does it feel similar to top mount in terms of typing feel? :smiley:

no clack

mute mount does have some give to it

Had the same issue with the first gen U80-A. Was really difficult to decide. Went with Moon in the end.

Moon is a darker medium grey, I’d say. Fits perfectly to any dolch-ish keycap set like MT3 Susuwatari. See a picture of mine over in the What did you get in the mail today? thread.

But Kuro is nice, too. In case I ever buy a second one, I’d probably go for a Kuro. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can also highly recommend the U80-A. I have the Port colorway and that SOYA colorway is soooo nice (I’m a sucker for off-white). Here’s my build of it.

It’s not your traditional gasket mounting. The primary function is to provide better acoustics, hence the name. If you’re looking for a flex, it’s not going to satisfy your craving especially with that beautiful brass plate.

I kinda just wanna buy the PC plate this round and buy an extra pcb.

I’ve heard multiple people either say they want to use the pc plate or telling me to grab an extra pc plate =D

Is it possible to do split backspace with the soldered pcb? I can’t seem to find any mention of it, so my guess is no :pleading_face:

judging from the plates, seems like it only supports full backspace.

I’m also leaning towards Soya.
My guess it will go nicely with either WoB, 9009 or MoDo.
What do you guys think?

(On second thought, maybe MoDo would work better on Moon.)

I figured that would be the case, and yet i am still trying to decide if yolk would be a good home for GMK nautilus 2…

what would be the shipping date on this preorder? anyone can comment?

There is no estimate given and no guarantee. Lots of manufacturing and fulfillment variables. Expect a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, fwiw, I ordered my M60-A Olivia Edition last December and it’s looking like they will potentially ship them out in October. Similar to U80-! SEQ2 the olivia edition is just another color of something they have made before.

So far the sound tests make it sound more of thock…