Screw tray ! What are your likes or dislikes with the existing trays out there?

I’m new to this great hobby and I love it , but hate when I loose screws . Need something that has a magnet to hold all the screws together .

What are your thoughts . Interested !

1 Like

Firstly, welcome to the community!

To answer your question, I love the look of resin screw trays but they lack functionality in my opinion. Honestly, any magnetic dish for a mechanic is perfect. There’s different colors, and they have a really strong magnet typically. I want to try these out soon, I like that they collapse down to save space when not in use.

1 Like

glorified desk accessories, but i love them nonetheless.

i think peach tray is pretty cute and it has magnets.
i just ordereed a piggy tray from jacky labs but that one is not magnetic i believe

2 Likes

Thank you , I’m very new to this world and I’m loving it.

I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you , I’m a newbie and I’ll check them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s an older thread about screw trays if you want to look through it: Nice & Fancy parts/tools trays?

Personally, one of the first tools I bought when really getting into this hobby was a screwdriver set from ifixit, which has small dividers built into the lid for organizing screws and other small parts while you’re using it.

3 Likes

A classic screw holder, and does the job. I still use mine as well.

Thank you , really appreciate it

2 Likes

If you’re just looking for basic magnetic dishes, Harbor Freight has magnetic parts trays for dirt-cheap in a variety of sizes. I find a silicone mat with little boxes to be super helpful for building boards. It keeps everything from sliding around and less worry that you’ll damage the finish or your table/desk surface.

1 Like