Tackiest Keeb Ever

Asking for some suggestions to make this Membrane (Thank God) Keeb to make it the Tackiest Keeb of mankind.

Ie:
Spray painting keycaps
Entire board with pennies?

Thank you (maybe not depending on how you view it) in advance!

2 Likes

sticker bomb it with cringe stickers

vinyl wrap specific keycaps with metallic colored vinyl wrap

use nail polish remover or acetone to preshine some of the keycaps

eat cheetos with your raw fingers and then type on it

this might be overdone at this point but a good place to start:

https://www.wish.com/product/60a8aeac3681f135d81897f7?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=60a8aeac3681f135d81897f7&ad_cc=US&ad_lang=EN&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=21.95&campaign_id=6948791183&gbraid=0AAAAADoQ2qyY2y4o_YDpJG9EE4SNp1o2C&gclid=Cj0KCQiAys2MBhDOARIsAFf1D1cHm46CyWZIL3Vn8Fm0CiYWC0RafE54xtCTV8xcbO3JEivl1QpnC6IaAk1rEALw_wcB&hide_login_modal=true&share=mobileweb

3 Likes

I’m 11

now where is the unsee spray

7 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

work in progress…

3 Likes

Can confirm this will make the plastic tacky

:point_left: :sunglasses: :point_right: eyyy

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

this is up there amongst the most cringe things I have ever done. Sorry you had to find out about that this way my guy.

3 Likes

Could hit the keycaps with a blow dryer or dunk in hot water to deform/warp them. I feel like tracing the keycap legends with some glitter gel glue would really make for a horrible typing experience…

Its totally fine. We all make mistakes. :wink:

Holes. Drill holes in it. Makes it lighter, which equals more speed!

Why not!

Still open to some suggestions, I’m ready to do something that’s probably illegal somewhere to my spacebar…

Gold spray paint, without primer or a clear coat. Both sticky tacky and tasteless tacky. Maybe mix some silver paint in there as well. Bonus points if you get fingerprints on it before the paint dries.

I would recommend the classic fake gold keycaps but you’d need an MX board for those :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What should I do on the bottom?

• Silver Vinyl Wrap
  • Picture of a Tack (Tack-y)
  • Hot glue pennies onto bottom
  • No bottom at all (big rectangle cut out)
  • Other (Explain what and why)

0 voters

Edit: Also, I can provide a sound test when everything is done if requested.

4 Likes

i think you should put carpet on the bottom. I don’t know if that counts as tacky, but it’s gross.

Better yet, something “glow in the dark”. Maybe draw a corsair logo or something on it.

5 Likes

This reminds me of those awful carpeted bathrooms from “fancy” homes redesigned in the 1970s and early 1980s.

1 Like

Sorry for the late update; had a lot of homework to do. Here’s a pic of the backside to show the real estate there:

3 Likes

now that this has been put out into the universe I can’t wait for when someone inevitably makes a render for the “Shag 60” or something. the grooviest keyboard ever conceived.

10 Likes

“Shag 60” hits a little different if you are in Washington State. https://www.housing4seniors.com :joy:

1 Like