The Norbazaar event: rare, weird, and random Topre aftermarket housings

Ooo, that’s true. I’m mainly waiting for the Veracity or Periwinkle HG to drop.

I scored one from y’all earlier this year. Not sure what the circumstances for it getting listed were, but if I recall it was the only one and I snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

2 Likes

As expected this went live at 1am my local time and now as I just got up, everything sold out already. Sad.

Does that mean I can order bespoke Matte Retro Heavy Grail? :thinking:

Is there any chance a K2 Heavy-9 will be listed?

@norbauer I missed the last Norbaforce lot unfortunately (Really wanted that K2) :frowning: If I sign up to be notified on the appropriate store page, will I get an email notification if another lot comes up? Or do I just have to keep checking the bazaar page? Thanks!

I’m really sorry about that. Unfortunately with very limited stock and more demand for it than we can meet, we’re in the position of having inevitably to disappoint some people. I’ll try to scatter the listing times a bit more, but usually I just do it as soon as we confirm the lots, which tends to align with working/waking hours here in Pacific time.

For sure. As long as we have switch plates left at the time (we have a strictly limited number since the tooling now belongs to Omnitype), or if you have a spare that you purchased previously.

Yes, I’m currently showing a tentative three B-stocks on paper, but this haven’t been physically verified yet.

Unfortunately that notification function is totally busted, so please just ignore it. (Shopify is the worst and I’m working hard on migrating away from it right now.) For now, this thread and Instagram are good way to get push notifications of activity. I don’t want to spam people with newsletters, but I’ll probably send one more with the next big addition of stuff.

4 Likes

Any drops planned for today?

Understand, so I’ll just wait out the Norbazaar and wait for a new order page on the website right? Or email is still the way to go?

I for one am glad the copper heavy 9s sold out before my irrational side won out! Beautiful pieces

3 Likes

Please just sit tight for a few more weeks. We have some more Heavy Grails to ship out, and Data Pads in addition to the Norbazaar random items. After those decks are cleared, we’ll send a newsletter announcing that Bespoke is open again.

4 Likes

Will bespoke orders be capped? Looking forward to joining when that opens up.

Hi @norbauer, quick question: Is the Enigma Black Pro 2 HG an aluminum or steel top housing?

I have seen listings for people selling their bespoke steel cases coated with the enigma black color, and just wondering if these were left over from that group, or if they’re different aluminum housings that were also coated enigma black?

Regardless of the case material, I am very grateful to have picked one up because the HHKB is what got me into this hobby, so buying a Heavy Grail has been a goal of mine for quite some time.

3 Likes

Meanwhile deep in the Norbauer vault Jared searching for the heavy grails… located next to the holy grail

Excited for the sale and exotic offerings keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Haha. I just re-watched that last night. I was extremely Indiana Jones obsessed as a child—and I’ve also been watching the amazing ILM documentary on Disney+, which has put me in an 80s blockbuster mood

More postings will come later today/tonight.

7 Likes

Back to the Future or E.T. themed keyboard gear when? Or Goonies… I’d throw down a grand for something Goonies related.

It’s sad, but I guess that you only get to experience that wonder of movie magic when you are young. I still remember when my local theater decorated for the opening of Temple of Doom. And this was all homemade stuff… nothing official from the production company. Just blood sweat and tears poured into making fake rocks and jungle vines.

4 Likes

My brother still never lets me down about when my dad took me out of pre-school (IIRC) to see Jurassic Park. Apparently I had my hands over my ears the entire movie :smiley:

3 Likes

^Same

OMG they still have Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney World in FL! I saw it as a kid and was blown away. I hope my children get the same sense awe and wonder from it when we eventually go :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Warning: this post is not keyboard-related.

Yes! I went in 2019, and it’s just as I remembered it. Below is an image of little-me in the early 90s outside with the Indy hat I jad excitedly obtained in the gift shop of that show.

And a few images from 2019

There is also an Indiana Jones-themed bar in Disney Springs called Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar with a number of obscure Society of Explorers and Adventurers references, which is definitely worth a visit while you’re in the area.

14 Likes

Ooh that bar sounds interesting! I’ll definitely have to check it out next time I’m in Orlando. On a somewhat related note, the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland is one of my favorites.