The Silo Beam Switch - Beam Spring switches for the modern era

Looks like the Keystone just launched on Kickstarter a couple of hours ago. Fullsize or TKL.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lekashman/keystone-the-future-of-mechanical-keyboards

I’m kinda disappointed that the beamspring switches are not estimated to ship out at the same time as the keyboard, but I guess there’s no way around testing the claim of billions of keypresses. Though it does make me wonder what happens if they don’t actually end up lasting that long.

1 Like

I’m really excited; backed pretty much immediately. I’m glad they went with two form factors to try to satisfy community needs rather than try to stick to one (although obviously I think a number of people will still feel like their layout preferences are unsupported by the two options being fairly close).

Also bummed that the beamsprings will be shipping later, but, hey: if it means they’re taking more time to make sure they get them exactly right I’m okay with it.

1 Like

I wonder if the Silo beamspring switches will feel as good as the IBM beamsprings.

You must be the first person to think that in this thread…

Random thoughts:

1. Congratulations on making 3x your goal!
  2. In the future it would be nice - particularly for the linear board - to have an internal speaker/sound generator that can beep like the olde Zenith boards for keypresses.
  3. Conversely a Silent option in the future would be great for the office.
  4. Keystone Fox? :rofl:

@dante I may have some secrets on the pcb that will assist with 2. :smiley:

4 Likes