The Winghead, a new personal keyboard project

Thank you !

It is not perfect (nothing is), but I am happy with the result so far.

Still a third one to make :wink:
The switches are not lubed yet so it may take a while.

Then I really don’t know what I will do next…

1 Like

Hi Rico,
I was wondering if you could share where you got the case manufactured. I already have a design and am now looking around for a cnc shop which has decent quality.

Hi @primuds,

For this case I went with Xometry DE (European version of Xometry US, based in Germany).
Their CNC work has been good and their anodization pretty decent.
Prices are very expensive for a one off (it is not specific with Xometry), but the more you make the lower the price.

Still looking for a recommendation on a reliable China manufacturer to make one off not too much expensive, so if somebody in this forum has good source I’d be happy to know it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lastly here is the Winghead build 3, this was the last keyboard I had to make.

I ordered long time ago Thick Thock DL springs 62g.
Was planning to make ergo clears with them but two unexpected events came recently.

1. I LOVE my Gat yellows and linears in general, I will probably never take the tactile route again :smiley:
  2. I could not find Gat yellows in stock.

So decided to use these springs with Gat blacks with the hope I could have something similar to the Yellows (and indeed it is).

This time I bag lubed the springs with Krytox GPL 105, stems (only them) still lubed with Krytox 205g0 but with a tad thicker coating to see how it goes.
If you lube only the stem like I did (and like does @jshufelt for quite a long time), applying a thicker coat does improve the smoothess without any bad consequences.

Used same brass plate with same sorbothane+foam treatment as the other ones.

Put my last keycap set to good use, Hiney’s VOC .
Here is the result (sorry for the very bad lighting):

The collection is now complete and will very soon be dispatched to different places were they’ll have their use.
Took some pictures of the 3 brothers altogether before they live their happy life alone.

8 Likes

Find me to custom ,it will cost very cheap