These cheap(ish) SA doubleahots on Drop

Just noticed this doubleahot SA keyset in a Skii Dolcha type colorway up on Drop:

https://drop.com/buy/domikey-sa-doubleshot-abs-orange-dolch-set

Not sure who Domikey are and what the quality will be like. Some people in the comments over on Drop suggest they are using old Maxkey molds (SHIF T), so the quality should be on par with Maxkey sets, but the compatibility is much better, and for a lot of layouts it’s quite cheaper than a Maxkey set (you can cover a 60% or a TKL for $50.

This is one of my favorite colorways, and seems like a good way to get in on some SA action without spending an obscene sum of money. (haven’t tried SA yet, so I’m not sure if I’ll like to type on it). Still, I’m a bit skeptical. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I actually don’t think these are the old Maxkey molds, they just have similar kerning problems. AFAIK, Maxkey has always used “FIO” for their F10 legend, like SP does. This appears to use FI0.

Also, if the pictures on the overview page are correct (are those renders?) the pipe key is clearly different.

1 Like

I think these would be a decent & inexpensive way to try out SA caps. I’ve never really heard of Domikey either & can’t speak to their products quality. Although they did sell a Cherry profile set in the same colorway a few weeks back on drop. I doubt anyone got theirs yet, but check the reviews on that. Maybe they sent out a few sample kits to people in the community & there is one or two up?