Things that make us go... hmmm

Or things that make us go yumm. I thought this dragonfruit would make a gorgeous keycap colorway.

8 Likes

Anyone know the brand/model on this absolute unit of a keyboard? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When I was taking a closer look I realized that I think the image is AI generated, but besides that I think we should name him “Couch-board” or “Keycouch”.

1 Like

Oh, it’s definitely AI-generated. The rotary encoder (knob) has grown into a joystick or something too.

My vote is on Keycouch! :rofl:

1 Like

CripplingCarpalTunnel2000.

Just a WAG though. :laughing:

3 Likes

I always love reading through this thread because I feel like I learn more about the community and what’s been happening in the last few months based off what things are making people go hmmm as opposed to reading GBs, ICs, and marketing materials

11 Likes

It’s one of my favorite KT threads of all time. :smile:

3 Likes

I second this. I want to see some rich dragonfruit GMK colors oh man

1 Like

Hmmm…

2 Likes

Isn’t this more or less what Novelkeys was doing?

2 Likes

Hmmm…indeed.

1 Like

Definitely looks to be an effort to copy the format, like the wave of mystery boxes after NK’s first successful run of those.

I suppose we’ll see if Glorious’ execution here has similar or different proportions of “creative cool stuff” to “FOMO” vs The Key Machine.

6 Likes

500-1000 sets also doesn’t seem all that “limited” to me. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Was gonna say the same, I mean it’s limited in nature but with those numbers it’s not like they’ll be hard to come across at a later date.

My trayless magnetic tray. Not fancy but gets the job done.

I keep a stack of them on my desk, just in case.

7 Likes

For a second there I thought you’d be using those sticky buns as a parts tray, and I could actually see that as being feasible… if not a little messy. Bonus threadlocker though.

4 Likes

I once clicked on install thinking cool, a real store app, dedicated to Drop but it installed Shop. I’m not a fan of deceptive advertising, especially when it hijacks my phone. Doesn’t make me love Drop.

9 Likes

That is shady indeed. That has to be against ToS for any app store. It clearly says “Install app: Drop.com

I like the shop app. I’ve actually used it a few times, lately beacause I had rewards points and got some nice discounts. I follow most of the major vendors on there and the prices are the same. I wonder why it doesn’t just say “Follow us on Shop app”?

3 Likes

Don’t want to pile on Drop here but the blurb about this DCD WLK-MN set refers to CDs when I believe that, unless I’m really wrong, this set references a famous Cassette Walkman:

I kinda dig the set though, the Novelties are my jam:

4 Likes

Now that’s a classic Dorp right there: a fun product with an ill-informed, fluff-heavy blurb

3 Likes