Things that make us go... hmmm

Glorious really wants 100 bucks for this kitting?

12 Likes

I wonder if they could start requiring a NDR or something.

Hi everyone,

It’s come to our attention that our NicePBT manufacturer seems to have been disingenuous. I want to state that we paid far more than 399 Yuan for each of the NicePBT Sugarplum sets that we purchased. It seems we put our trust in the wrong manufacturer, and have been burned.

We designed this from scratch, including the legends and Cannon icons, and it seems that our manufacturer has taken our intellectual property and hard work and allowed other Chinese vendors to purchase these at a much lower rate than we paid (which is evident given the price they are selling it at). With that in mind - we did pick the colors, and do not believe it’s a clone of GMK Amethyst in any way, shape, or form.

We are beyond upset about this situation - and will absolutely be following up with our manufacturer about this. Needless to say, this is all very fresh and we are going to try to figure out how to handle this situation in the best way possible.

It saddens me to hear that the first conclusion some folks have drawn is that we are selling Taobao clone sets. That is definitely not the case here, and our manufacturer has put us in this very unfortunate situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/mcelc4/comment/gs38k6w/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

3 Likes

Has me wondering when keyboards became such a big business that we are seeing brand name stuff vs generic vs store brand shit like Tylenol and Advil.

3 Likes

Further proof that there is a market for everything.

1 Like

Speaking of a market for everything, I couldn’t resist this meme board. Typing on it is quite a challenge, even with the alphas in the correct-ish location.

15 Likes

Man that makes my head hurt.

3 Likes

Not sure why it took me so long to figure out what was “wrong”.

Did you try gaming on it? If so, how much harder was it to hit the spacebar?

3 Likes

The spacebar was no problem. The .75u stagger of the top alpha row is really tough though…

1 Like

I don’t get it is this for lefty’s?

1 Like

If you can manage a 100% accuracy, this is actually quite doable :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It is for memes.

1 Like

So I found out the titanium switch puller can double as a tuning fork;

2 Likes

I wonder what its tuned to lol

Concert A, which is really handy bc that’s what an orchestra tunes to. Granted it’s not the same octave.

1 Like

Gotta get the switch puller for NK’s big switch series to get the same octave.

2 Likes

Apparently Drop is selling lube now. I’ve never heard of KeebMonkey, and I’m seeing some potentially confusing naming conventions:

1 Like

KeebMonkey is a fairly new vendor that made a name for themselves as the first US-facing seller of the CIY Tester68 kit at $25, which lots of folks thought was a scam, which in turn generated some buzz. They also got some flak for implying they designed the Aflion Iceberg switch, when they just picked some options from a manufacturer - maybe language barrier if you’re fond of the benefit of the doubt.

Ha, I was about to tell you about how I asked them about that directly on Drop and got an answer, but I see you already found it. For anyone else wondering, here’s what they said:

Both Krytox GPL 105 and 205 are manufactured by Dupont while the KBM 105 and 205s are made by third-party manufacturers customized for the use of lubing switches and stabs, with very similar properties. The reason why the KBM products are also named 105 and 205 is because that those numbers describe the features of the lubes.

I think what they’re saying is they chose the numbers for their existing recognition, and are following comparable conventions in terms of viscosity, etc. that Krytox’s number system indicates. KBM 105 is generic / imitation Krytox 105, basically.

6 Likes

Another day, another weird project on Reddit.

15 Likes

ah so the great value brand lol

1 Like

I was shocked there was a video and that this was not just render clickbait.

2 Likes