Things that make us go... hmmm

No that’s correct.

If you recall, Drop changed how the discount works. It’s 20% off your first $100 spent, regardless of how many transactions it’s spread over. It’s just capped at $20 dollars of discount.

So, 72 * 0.80 = 57.60

(Replace 20 with whatever your coupon value is that month.)

2 Likes

Ah, that does make sense - I do remember them changing some things. Switches and keebs are included now, for example - not just caps.

There’s a reason I don’t get paid to market things, but I’d be inclined to put “up to” above that “$20 off” just for expectation management. :stuck_out_tongue:

True, clarity is good :slight_smile:

Also, you still get the 20% off on $28 dollars more of stuff or whatever that you have left from your $100.

1 Like

ah sweet, I was wanting to buy some for weeks now but didn’t want to wait for international shipping :slight_smile:
Thanks.

1 Like

I just got an offer from Seeed Studio. They want me to make a keyboard for them. They will cover the cost of two PCBs and will provide a single microcontroller board that has 11 GPIO pins available. The switches, key caps, sockets, base plate, case and any other components are on me, as well as the firmware. I have time until the end of January. In exchange, I will receive… exposure.

7 Likes

That’s an awfully short time and they don’t seem to offer much …

I remember seeing a Linus tech tips video on a product exactly like this, I’ll see if I can find it again

e: Found it. https://youtu.be/zboAJSD-EQU

There’s also a cheaper version on their shop but either way it’s a massive ripoff

2 Likes

Ha! Yes, that’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for - but a little more Radio Shack and a little less Brookstone.

Would be fun to know what switches and stabs they use. And if they lube them properly for u.

The switches are Kailh box browns

And I don’t think anyone here has to buy one to confidently say the stabs aren’t lubed lol

1 Like

I kind of like the caps tho

2 Likes

Domikey “Pumper” keycaps?

“Honestly it’s not mine!”

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/0HtyF0jux2Q

Apologies I have never actually seen the video :flushed:

2 Likes

I was referring to a certain Austin Powers scenes that involved a pump of sorts… :rofl:

3 Likes

Actually, this might work, with the hinge that brings the screen closer. I really dig the form factor! It can lay flat, open up as shown, or even fold back 180º. Impressive!

15 Likes

That’s just awesome. I would love to build something like that. I was just going to slap my Pi 400 into a sealed case with a screen, but this is just so much more fun.

1 Like

gb when? :wink:

2 Likes

You mean THIS one ?

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/224438274931_/AUSTIN-POWERS-Swedish-Male-Enlarger-Pump-Book-Reciept.jpg

3 Likes

Yes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wonder if they will do anything for its 25th anniversary in 2022.

2 Likes

Pocket/Firefox randomly suggested this one to me. Apparently it’s similar to stenography input and Monkey Type will (probably fairly) have nothing to do with the WPM results that are generated from it: This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions

1 Like