Things that make us go... hmmm

button

Matrix Lab, you’re a little weird, but I love you for it. NGL I kinda want this layout just to have a humongous f-off 2x2u key to map ridiculous functions to.

9 Likes

It reminds of the “Tubbo Custom Build” video by glasses when he has the keeb with almost the same design.

2 Likes

I believe that’s an adequately sized print screen button. Yeah, I could use that.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever seen Topre domes do this?

2 Likes

I make myself go “HMMMMM” sometimes

I need to work on my rope skills

16 Likes

I’d say they’re not too shabby. Never thought I’d see the intersection of keyboards and shibari!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting…

3 Likes

@huhsh : Chyrosran had a review of something similar to this keyboard…The Erodex DX1:

7 Likes

I thought it looked like a familiar concept. History repeats!

1 Like

Twister but with your fingers. Imagine playing it:

“Oh god dang it, Green again?” Stretches Pinky to F4 key

1 Like

Many interests, indeed.

Those caps look so naked without any legends on them… still, I can tell you’d be an indispensable addition to an impromptu sea-faring crew with knotty skills like that.

I’ll see myself out. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’m guessing GMK Shine is in the works. I mean, you do you – it’s all good.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ruf3jodpku8j5q0g4ss068jb05g689tm&topic=116107.0

2 Likes

This graph.

How many shitpost nuggets can you find here? My favorite has to be a low-actuating switch rated the very highest for gaming potential.

5/7, perfect

6 Likes

If low actuation is key to gaming, I think I have the perfect candidate:

Free photo Apple Screen Macbook Trunk Keyboard Laptop - Max Pixel

9 Likes

Glad this plate supports VIA

6 Likes

Honestly that would probably be better for gaming…

I was just thinking we need a good phrase for this category, even if there’s only a couple switches in it right now.

Generally, “speed” switches are ones that actuate sooner than halfway through their travel; given a standard MX-style full travel of 4mm, “speed” switches actuate sometime before 2mm of travel.

Frogs on the other hand, actuate somewhere beyond 2mm of travel - you have to push them down farther before they register. IDK if “slow” is at all a helpful moniker, save to communicate being the opposite of a “speed” type.

As for why you might want this: maybe you like the feel of switches that weight, but make a lot of accidental presses - having a lower actuation height compared to the travel can help mitigate that. If you’re a typist that tends or likes to bottom-out, these could also be good for actuating a bit more like a “traditional” dome board while sounding and feeling a whole lot better.

1 Like

Ah yes, the legendary Kailh MX Blue switches.

Also, anyone here remember when this keyboard was popular all those years ago?

3 Likes

What a name for a keyboard…

I never finished the book lol.

3 Likes

Okay - I found a wild one today… A keyboard that has an mode to turn the RGB into a VU meter. I’m not kidding.

And this is one the the keyboards I have here – and I’ve confirmed that it works…

1 Like