Things that make us go... hmmm

Ah, no you’re right - they are a new PCB mount version of the Phantom stabs. Derp.

It seems a bit pricey to require that much modding, but it sure is different.

3 Likes

BOUNCY

Well - can’t be accused of being a GMMK Pro clone :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yup. But at this price point it should already be finely tuned mechanical goodness versus a great starting point for DIY modding. Maybe it’s that I favor sound over feel. For the most part, I acclimate pretty fast to a board’s particular feel, but if it sounds bad – that’s usually a non-starter for me.

3 Likes

So you have to pay $350 and then you have to mod it for it to feel and sound decent?

Way to go, Dorp!

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s quite a lot of keebs you need to do that to, eaven more expensive ones.

1 Like

What the, this looks so rad.

Considering the fact of the additional things to the board that you’re getting, I didn’t think it was that far afield.

Are… are these a buck sixty-nine each? I’m def missing something, right?

50 cents, that’s more like it.

4 Likes

The long wait for JTK HSA keycaps appears to be nearing and end. They have posted pictures of the set with the latest molds.

These would look killer on a Commodore themed board - the chonky spacebar reminds of the PET spacebar too.

I wonder how many people have moved in the last three years - will be a logistical nightmare for Omnitype and Novelkeys.

12 Likes

pc

Here’s hoping the brown one happens

4 Likes

I wonder what that spacebar sounds like? Yikes. I found this on a product page that’s meant to get you to actually buy these boomerangs.

2 Likes

They’re so wonderfully shiny!

I may have to keep my eyes peeped for extras.

1 Like

I am sure ZFrontier will have 100s of sets in stock before they ship to folks in the group buy as usual :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like JTK is being very generous and giving every group buy customer two kits!

From Mike at Novelkeys:

"JTK just messaged me and said they are on track to finish this month. Most likely that would mean NovelKeys will receive their sets October-November.

JTK is also included a free reversed color base kit for all customers. So for the people remaining, you will receive WoB and BoW base kits from NovelKeys with your order. Its been the longest journey, but the pictures JTK sent look pretty good. We are almost there. "

3 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s always nice to see a company going above and beyond to make up for unexpected hiccups. High-five, JTK.

I missed-out on the original group buy, but now that the tooling looks to be ready I’m hoping to see more colors (like the Beige on Brown from the original IC).

I feel like this is the second time ive seen jtk give a bonus kit for either a messup or something else. Didnt jtk night sakura get a free latin or some other alpha kit as well?

Beige on brown ran concurrently with WoB, but on Dixiemech.

1 Like

Suited Assassin took forever so they included a free accent kit.

1 Like

When JTK do tripleshot, something to do with how their molds work means the tripleshot keys are “extra” on top of a standard doubleshot base kit. At least this is how it was for JTK Griseann/Royal Alpha.

2 Likes