Things that make us go... hmmm

Ah, the most favorite burn key.

5 Likes

I’ve been a computer repair tech for almost a year and I still have no idea how unplugging the battery and plugging it back in fixed my coworkers laptop. It wouldnt turn on even when plugged in to the wall but as soon as I plugged the battery back in his laptop turned right on

5 Likes

I run this big machine at a printing facility that’s just like that. I had to walk the new guy through how to find the battery on it so he could do the unplug-and-plug-back-in thing.

I think it has to do with some kind of basic onboard memory (not RAM, more like a safety switch) that only gets reset when all the power is cut.

4 Likes

Meme value aside, what can I put this on?

6 Likes

Ooh, is that a 10u spacebar? The mounting style on those are pretty funky… I’ve seen ones with 7u spacing, 8u spacing, or even a 10u wire.

Custom 10u wide 40% where the entire bottom row is nothing but that giant spacebar?

3 Likes

Pretty sure evangs had one of those at one point.

I know @rpiguy9907 likes big spacebars, he’s a Wyse guy

10u inspo:

3 Likes

Hah! I think @rpiguy9907’s post must have been living in my subconscious, because when I clicked through to his reddit post, I had already upvoted it at some point (likely when he posted it in October 2020).

5 Likes

Easiest to use in a tray mount 60% you can generate a plate file with the correct Stab cut outs on swillkb (7u, 8u, or 10u stab)

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.13.47 AM

Accidentally appropriate product name:

PU almost certainly stands for polyurethane here, but I tell you hwat these baggos possess the stank.

I left mine out in the sun for a few days and that seemed to air it out sufficiently. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Speaking of things living in my subconscious, your post reminded me that DCS Paperwork comes with a 10u spacebar in the bars kit. Dunno what I’ll put it on but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I like big bars and I cannot lie.

2 Likes

Stolen from Reddit, but I love the concept. Imagine how good this would look with some nice GMK caps.

8 Likes

These are usually just under $50 which I honestly think is a little steep for what they are - but this one is $88 for some reason - and that’s just for the case. No PCB, plate, etc. - just an un-assembled case and stand.

The BBOX60 is probably my favorite tray-mount case, but I find it hard to imagine someone being happy with spending almost a hundred bucks on one.

2 Likes

But it’s got a big ol’ “CYBERSPACE” sticker on the back? I mean, if it works like it does with cars, that adds at least 25 dollar bucks to the value.

4 Likes

Has there been a translucent BBox60 before? I own one in the JTK Mars colorway and like it a lot. But yeah, $88 plus shipping is too much.

1 Like

Aye, there was a neon pink one a while back.

It is available on Kono for $39.99 - zFrontier is off the rails on this one!

4 Likes

There we go. That’s more like it.

4 Likes

And some of the honorable mentions

11 Likes

The case is only $38; for some reason, it defaults to a $50 optional addon. It can be removed though.

3 Likes