Things that make us go... hmmm

I did find it helpful with this discord mess to set up my own server and import the announcemet channels from the servers that I want to watch. That way I can see it all in 1 channel instead of having to remember to check them all constantly.

7 Likes

things the make me go hhmmmm in a very angry fashion:

Putting screenprotectors on things with curved edges. First I tried my versa 2 and then cause that wasnt enough nerves my phone.

The package that has shipped to me from Drop… I don’t have any orders from Drop. Literally went “hmmm…”

Says the package is 6x4x1.

I’ll have to update in a few days :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s the UHMWPE stem replacements from ages ago??

7 Likes

UHMWPE stems would be nice! In the time it has taken them to get to me, I have determined I don’t like linears :tired_face:

After all these years and all these kits sold, it’s surprising (1) how often IC kitting needs to be fixed and (2) how heated discussion about kitting gets.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Dude thanks for mentioning this. I always wondered that too. $#@! leaf crunch man.

1 Like

4 Likes

So today I got this email.

That must be what it is, but the package is already in my town as of today. Hmmmm

4 Likes

That is a very DORP email.

The last two… wait, four emails I got from them have been to the effect of “hey, that thing we were supposed to ship by today isn’t going to ship for a while - if it’s going to be more than a month we’ll let you know a month from now”

I think the reason no custom boards support them is that nobody has implemented optical switches into QMK yet, pretty big barrier to designing PCBs, and therefore custom boards around them.

EDIT: also after watching wildcats video, you can still hear some pretty bad scratch on those keychron opticals, no doubt other brands have done it better, but thats rough.

2 Likes

Well. Hmm indeed.

1 Like

U mean u don’t see the difference? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I feel so shitty that 4 keycaps (which I will never use) were flown across the globe, packed in 6 plastic bags, driven across the country, and delivered to my front door. Drop didn’t even offer an opt out option. I honestly didn’t notice those were missing from my sets (always used scooped homing keys).

11 Likes

LISTEN!

I legit started wiping on my damn screen thinking my monitor had a burn

7 Likes

The arrow keys on this keyboard…why?

6 Likes

This board literally causes cognitive dissonance for me.

On the bright side, push the :question: or :bust_in_silhouette: button, the flight attendant will come. Sounds good to me!

1 Like

I raise you a scanner. Hmmm.

4 Likes

Compaq made some weird stuff huh.

Also, plus points if that board still works as intended!

3 Likes

Now that is wacky. Definitely no shortage of strange ideas over time.

1 Like