TX Keyboards Switch Slider Picker

Store Uni sells 205G00 and 205G0S (which is between 0 and 00) for the same price as G0. I haven’t seen G000 anywhere, though.

1 Like

Hmmm do I really need this over my jewel holder?

…but it does have some tx branding on it :thinking:

1 Like

TBH fair, this is a tiny bit more than a normal jewel/IC holder, as it has very wide fingers. That should grab the cruciform top of the stem more securely than the 3 small wires seen in most jewel/IC holders. The TX branding is a nice touch to me also too!

2 Likes

I have one, and it does work perfectly for the application.

I hesitated at first as it is literally just a clutch pencil lead holder, but decided my current one would be too small for this new non-drawing application and finding one in the right size would probably be about the same price.

And the TX branding is a nice touch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My question is: should it work with BOX stems ?

I tried picking up a Kailh Box Navy, and while it totally worked its a little more fiddly than an unboxed cruciform. You are grabbing just a little less of it because of the box.

1 Like

Thank you!
So it works somehow…

yup 4 little grabber arms extend from within the shaft, and their chiseled tips are just small enough to squeeze a bit into the box.

1 Like

Kind of looks like a lead holder

Example showing jaws for a 5.6mm piece of lead. :

Could this be it?..

6 Likes

I think it may be exactly that. Frankly, I don’t think it’s better than gem-holders for most lubing tasks.

For me, it’s better because I frequently relube and, to remove old lube, I just wipe them with a tissue. And, with a gem-holder, I can only firmly wipe in one direction. With the ‘jaws’, I’ll be able to wipe in both directions.

2 Likes

Do not forsake grabby friend

Can confirm. Used it for the first time on a real lubing project and you can firmly wipe in any direction.

1 Like

I ordered one, but honestly… after all these boards… I can’t bring myself to apply lube to stems by hand anymore. It’s all tub lube now. Maybe one of these days :slight_smile:

How do you tub lube, if I may ask? I’m lazy.

Get a small plastic Tupperware container(I think mine is about 4oz.), paint some lube on the bottom and side of the container, add stems, shake like crazy for about 3 min.

If you need more lube, repaint. If it’s over lubed, wipe the sides down with a paper towel and shake again to redistribute.

The only cons are that you are going to waste some lube on the container and the parts of the stem that don’t really need lube. The pros are you gain your sanity back.

1 Like

I tried bag lubing and liked the convenience. What I didn’t like was lube on the externally exposed part of the stem because it attracts dirt. Not a real issue with open top plates but could be a problem if switch tops can’t be opened easily.

Enjoy!

Edit: After playing with it, for a little bit. it needs some lube, as it’s pretty squeaky.

7 Likes

But what are you going to use to lube it? 3203? 3204? Dielectric Grease? We’re gonna need you to test the most optimal lubes for the Slider Picker :wink:

2 Likes

I was honestly thinking of using skate wax, because I don’t want something that can work it’s way out. lol

It’s metal-on-metal, my best guess is Finish Line.