Vortex PC Jr Tribute

I was also able to order it, can confirm

1 Like

I thought this might be the case because I ordered Milky white switches but

Hmmm… Maybe I’ll try it again tomorrow???

Got it to work! I just used PayPal this time instead of trying to enter my Credit Card.

2 Likes

I also used Paypal for mine; maybe they have an issue with processing int’l credit cards?

1 Like

Great find, ordered immediately.
Managed to find EU vendor (https://candykeys.com/product/kbt-re-66-keyboard-de), they even have ISO-DE layout :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did anyone get their board yet? I see some have been delivered , but I haven’t had any updates on my order.

Still waiting as well! No update on my order yet; hopefully we get our tracking #s soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Anyone got their tracking info yet? :upside_down_face:

Nada. Covid lockdowns continue.

1 Like

Woo I finally got my tracking!

2 Likes

Me too! Looks like we all ordered the 66 key - did anyone order a 68 key?

Me three!

1 Like

Anyone got it yet ? Please review and some picsssss

1 Like

Got mine! I love it.

I was surprised that it is quite identical in dimensions to my ca66. Very low front.

Cherry white switches are a bit odd but fun. Heavy with a muted click.

Software seems easy to use. Limited to two layers and no tap dancing options but that’s fine for me on a 65%

The keycaps are nice and thick. No warping.

Case is very sturdy. Feels more substantial than I thought it would. The board is fairly stiff but sounds good. Not hollow.

So convincingly vintage. Hard to guess the new keyboard if you didn’t know keyboards well :nerd_face:

5 Likes

DSA Bluebird is so nice. Great choice for the CA66.

2 Likes

You know what, I’m almost thinking my DSA Galaxy Class keyset might be quite at home on this board :thinking:

But probably not. The default canjie keycaps look great from the few pics I’ve seen so far

2 Likes

I would love to put Galaxy class on this but I was a doofus back then and only bought the base kit.

1 Like

What surprised me the most about it was how crisp it is to type on. All the stabilizers came well tuned and the the typing sounds are really clean (other than a loud, but not rattly, spacebar). FR4 plate, gaskets, and foam are doing their job admirable.

Stock cherry switches rarely sound this good. Since they are unlubed you can detect some scratchiness, but not too distracting.

I will swap out the switches at some point.

I haven’t disassembled it and I might not ever take it fully apart for fear of busting plastic tabs inside.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh you guys are awesome !

@pixelpusher I really appreciate the pics !!! They got me even more excited to get mine :heart:

Could you pretty please post another one comparing the texture of the plastic ? I’m a sucker for rougher texture like on the old models :heart::heart::heart:

I was a bigger doofus and sold the Galaxy set :pensive: