What are you listening to today?

I’ve recently started trying out IDLES. I definitely love the intensity, oh man when it’s good it rocks. However, they’re kind of hit and miss for me lyrically. So some of the tracks don’t resonate as well as others.

2 Likes

1 Like

You feel that one, for sure.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will embed correctly…but be forewarned, this is pretty noisy dark stuff…not typical rock / punk / etc. either:

Nice - it did embed…but you can’t see the artist / title… It’s ORKAM’s 2020 release Black Rust.

1 Like

Dem Ago Tyad Fi Hear Mi Name - Hall of Flame: Dem Ago Tyad Fi Hear Mi Name - Hall of Flame - YouTube

:dizzy:

Have been on a sort of slavik binge lately:
(Spotify)

1 Like

An artist I haven’t listen to in a while has a new release:

1 Like

That’s two spooky atmospheric bangers in a row.

jrs

:raised_hand: A P P R E C I A T I O N :raised_back_of_hand: :alien:

I feel this may be an opportune context in which to shill my friends’ defunct atmospheric metal band, OCOAI:

I haven’t followed all of these guys after they went their separate ways, but I know what a few of them are up to. Many of them also played together in the folk band This Mountain. Aside from his musical talents, one has become a skilled beekeeper. Another plays in a band with the award-winning Amythyst Kiah. The one I know the best went on to pass the Bar in almost SLC Punk fashion. Some very solid dudes, indeed. Anywho - their music remains online for continued enjoyment.

1 Like

Yeah - it’s something that fits me quite often. :wink:

I like the OCOAI tracks I scanned… Fits nicely alongside Cloudkicker:

1 Like

I put together a playlist of the Celeset songs (in stage order) used in the Celeste.smc rom hack by MarkAlarm. Been listening a lot

Ressurections pulls you in, Center of the Earth is an absolute banger, and Golden Ridge will take you to heaven. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Celestial Resort B-side though :sunglasses:

1 Like

That one slaps, yes. Or Is it straight gas. Gotta get my terms right to sound like the cool kids.

1 Like

Sweet! Didn’t realize he had a new album out.

Switching it up a bit today with some Bach:

https://us.7digital.com/yourmusic/artist/academy-of-st-martin-in-the-fields-sir-neville-marriner-6/release/bach-js-brandenburg-concertos-nos12-and-3-1439168/1439168

1 Like

Aesop Rock’s Spirit World Field Guide on vinyl

Been looking forward to setting this up at the new place; bought this player maybe 6 months ago to unpack in whatever house I found.

An entry-level not-sucky one from what I understand; Audio-Technica LP60X, and some hand-me-down Bose desktop speakers.

6 Likes

Have been listening to a lot of gorillaz recently, especially demon days and plastic beach. Currently listening to november has come, one of my favourite songs from them.

2 Likes

Deca - Mammon’s Mantra is probably one of my favourite songs at the moment.

Bonus old keyboard in the thumbnail :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sometimes when I have a large amount of tedious work to do, I’ll put on some Death Dream; it seems to help keep the ADHD at bay amongst the monotony.

In a similar way, these kinds of tunes were also very helpful when I had to work through some nasty spinal pain, which knock on wood, I’m not dealing with anymore.

Balthazar’s Misfound is one of my three favorite albums in the genre, alongside D R O I D R O Y’s
緑の世界
and Makeup And Vanity Set’s Liturgy. (I’m not sure whether MAVS would call it that or not - but I think it fits the genre like a glove.)

Today I found out that Jimmy Cauty of the KLF mixed the radio edit for Pistolero so I’m grooving to some old school goa trance

3 Likes