What are you listening to today?

Good day kosmonauts :man_astronaut: :woman_astronaut:
Space 1.8 by Nala Sinephro:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQx91RR3Y8o

On repeat for days now.

4 Likes

I’ve been listening to a lot of ambient music lately… In particular the Twilight Sessions from Bing Satellites:

I want it on Spotify

1 Like

I’ve also been on an ambient binge lately with the Postcards From Japan playlist on Spotify.

Nice - wish I could do Spotify here. (I have a limited bandwidth satellite connection.) Check out Cousin Silas on Spotify, I know some of his releases are on there… One of my favorites is The Sky Road.

Listening to a They Might Be Giants album that, unbelievably, I haven’t heard yet… Venue Songs.

This song is variously known as “Los Angeles” or “Hollywood”.

Oh man do I feel you. Until August I had Hughesnet. I got on the beta for Starlink and I’ve been quite happy since. Coastal Maine here.

3 Likes

Exactly the boat I’m in… I’m on Hughesnet, and have been thinking about getting on the Starlink waiting list.

do-it-come-on

Happy to answer any questions you have about the service. It’s been great.

1 Like

Nala Sinephro: Space 1.8 (ambient jazz)

2 Likes

Ey! This brings back multiple fun memories.

One of the most memorable cartoons from my childhood is the musical episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that had Particle Man and Istanbul in it, introducing me to TMBG.

Particle Man:

Istanbul:

A decade or so later during my college days: I’m walking around downtown Knoxville, Tennessee and someone yells, “hey, They Might Be Giants is throwing a suprise free concert a few blocks over!” Sure enough - they play a bunch of songs, everyone has a blast. As they are winding down and starting to say their good-nights to the audience, there’s a feeling in the air. Something is missing. They know it. We know it. The crowd begins to chant,

Istanbul! Istanbul! Istanbul!

The cheeky boys played the crowd’s favorite song and all was right in the world.

4 Likes
3 Likes

looking up old bands that i’ve never seen and was surprised to find Moss on drums

Surprise TMBG concerts are the best kind! I’m hoping that Their twice-delayed Maine concert will happen, someday, maybe.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying this bluesy, gritty album of Tom Waits covers by John Hammond. I always enjoy Waits’ song writing, but I found I enjoy most of these covers better than the originals.

Get Behind the Mule pulled me in.
https://youtu.be/R0u43FAYtUU

Also really enjoy this rendition of Heartattack and Vine
https://youtu.be/E-BASWz7J_8

EPIC

Live at Montreux Jazz Festival, new album by Anna von Hausswolff:

Needed too attend one of her live concerts :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Water level song is goated

2 Likes

The title is incorrect and the thumbnail has absolutely nothing to do with it, but this ( Ta Ta Ya My Love by Aru Takamura ) is the sample source for one of my favorite Future Funk jams:

Vapor’d version, titled Oceanfront:

1 Like

You might want to check out the latest release.

I found I liked this even more than Garbology.

2 Likes