What are you listening to today?

The cassette comeback is fun isn’t it? It’s taken over the underground metal scene.

2 Likes

I’ve fully regressed. I’ve got the record player, two higher-end cassette decks, and now I’m looking for a CD player component.

This is not an original thought of my own, but one I’ve heard other say, but the tactility of these different media formats is something that’s totally missing from digital only music. I just hadn’t realized how much of a role it played until after I started diving back into the older formats.

4 Likes

Yeah - I’ve really enjoyed having the LPs around, and have even considered getting a MiniDisc player.

1 Like

“People say Brandy…”!

1 Like

I have been a little tempted to do the same. I was thinking more CDs though. You still get a physical thing, album artwork, etc. Little smaller on a shelf, they don’t degrade like vinyl, and I think people forget that CD quality audio was the best for a long time (still is as far as I know). Kids these days are just too used to MP3s and streaming now.

I like this guy’s channel on Youtube, and he recently did a talk about this - Retro Buyer's Guide: Portable CD Players! - YouTube

Most of my old CDs are pretty banged up though, so I would need to re-buy a lot of my favorite albums.

2 Likes

Since he passed away on the 26th, I’ve been listening to a lot of Klaus Schulze:

I really don’t know why I haven’t listened to his works in a few years…

4 Likes

A-haw haw haw haw

5 Likes

I’ve been going back to some of my old favorites, like Midnight Summer Dream. It’s one of my favorite songs which I haven’t listened to since the 2000s.

https://youtu.be/HI7CB2UwSj4

2 Likes

Dark Side of the Moon and Omnium Gatherium by King Gizzard the Lizard Wizard

:smiling_face:

2 Likes

The Range is putting out a new album, and I’m just super impressed with this latest evolution of his craft.

3 Likes

A lot of Rammstein since their new album came out last week.

2 Likes

Todays listen is Ryan Knights album Sunbelt Bliss!

Released in 2018 after parting ways with the death metal band The Black Dahlia Murder he played in previously, and was a fresh and unique album unlike anything I have ever heard before and has been a favorite ever since!

Hope you like!

1 Like

Bonnie Raitt’s self-titled from 1971 (2008 remaster)…my father always listed to “Nick of Time”, which I assume having not listened to it in years is a more radio-friendly/smooth/adult contemporary side, knowing my parents’ listening habits, but it stuck anyway and made me a fan. I once in a while put something of hers on and never regret it.

Secondly, “Inline Online” by System Exclusive and Home Video by Lucy Dacus, both their latest.

Will be checking out a couple of those posted above!

Been starting to realize lately why people like L.D. 50, as I was getting into metal i considered it too heavy, but now I love practically every song on it.

1 Like

You will only go deeper the longer you stay in the trench :kissing_heart:

Two bands I can recommend are Revocation and Amon Amarth if you haven’t heard then and want someting new to listen to.

1 Like

Never even realized this has had a rad af synth cover since 2014.

1 Like

Found this “oldie” the other day Onkel Dunkel - Dansk sommer - YouTube

1 Like

Metal Friday

3 Likes

Maybe my favorite Blockhead joint - my only complaint is that it’s not 12 hours long.

2 Likes

A buddy of mine is mixing tonight (he’s pretty new soo transitions ain’t always so smooth, but it’s good music)

!! Psy-trance !!
https://www.twitch.tv/accezzish

2 Likes