What are you listening to today?

Love me some Kyuss, and I need to catch up on the Desert Sessions.

I’ve always liked Aesop, but he’s been blowing my mind even more in recent years. He also shows up either as a guest with some other artists, or as part of a duo in the case of Hail Mary Mallon - their album Bestiary and Aesop’s Skelethon are in regular rotation in my car, and his latest full-length album The Impossible Kid might be his best work yet.

1 Like

I’ve had Relief by Pandrezz on repeat for the majority of the day. Low key vibes for a low key Friday.

2 Likes

I kind of listened to three different things :

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin mixed with some one song favorites like Stranglehold-Ted Nugent, Little wing-Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tom Sawyer-Rush, How blue can u get-Louisiana Gator Boys for example.:ok_hand:

Psy-trance! And all the sub-genre, my fav ATM is dark Forrest but Full-on and progressive are always on top.
And yes, I love to Rave @ a small party deep in the woods or @ the big festivals in Germany.
But I despise all electro like hardstyle, happy hardcore and so on… :yum:

Reggae. Sweden produces surprisingly good reggae. :+1:

2 Likes

Grew up on classic rock so i’m with you there! Led Zeppelin is the best

Given the current state of the world I think that Lard (Jell-O Biafra) is a pretty good choice right now.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you guys all know this by now, but for me it’s metal, metal, & more metal! Right now I’ve been jamming to a lot of Trivium, Death Angel, Megadeth, Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Lamb of God, Alien Weaponry, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Wolves, Pantera, Metallica, Deftones, Slayer, Slipknot, Parkway Drive, HellYeah, Killswitch Engage, Tool, etc.

Trivium - Until the World goes Cold
Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood
Megadeth - The Disintegrators
^There’s a few good jams, I’ve been trying to learn on the guitar lately.

Oh BTW, awesome call on NOFX @Deadeye! Easily one of my fav Punk bands next to The Misfits!

3 Likes

I am into black metal, particularly the experimental later stuff. Ash Pool, Vegas Martyrs, Raspberry Bulbs, Sexdrome, Horrid Cross, (pre-2014) Deafheaven, Liturgy (minus Ark Work), Peste Noire, etc. Of course I like the 90’s Scandi classics too.

Also ambient and electronic music, hip hop, and noise and power electronics. To a lesser extent death metal, rock, and Taylor Swift. Favorite labels are Hospital, Tour de Garde, CW, Klaxon, Drakkar, Posh Isolation, Janushoved, VAAGNER, and TDE.

2 Likes

Are you waiting on a heavy metal to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do u guys like the heavy metal movie and music, I love it! :metal:

2 Likes

@callow Never thought id find another Liturgy fan hahaha

2 Likes

@Rob27shred yes to all of those. Rocking a Sepultura shirt right now. heres my Misfits tat!

4 Likes

Sick Void tattoo man, Condensed Flesh is such a classic

1 Like

Its interesting that there is so much metal in this group lol. I really need to listen to more metal really, a friend of mine keeps recommending cirith ungol though which have some cool album covers at least.

as for me though pop smokes new album kinda hits, but im also someone who grew up on rap as well.

2 Likes

Dimu Borgir…such good stuff :metal:

https://youtu.be/xlD5zePSzdQ

2 Likes

Dinosaurs will surely die.

3 Likes

I usually have music on, but today I have on the 24 hour Minterly and Alexotos live stream in support of mental health. Twitch and Twitch

3 Likes

Always have love for the Misfits. My Twitch ID is Static_Age, it’s their fault. Danzig or Michale Graves?

2 Likes

@givemeyourshoes One of their best for sure. First one i got on Vinyl. TV casualty TV casualty! Honestly I used to be a huge snob and be like well Danzig only. But that band would not have survived without Graves at all. And now going back there is some SUPER catchy songs. Saturday night is amazing and what he did for that band kept them alive and he didnt skimp one bit. That being said, I love Danzig. Especially his Self titled band work. That Horror Elvis moniker he took on is just so enjoyable to me. How the Gods Kill, Possession, She Rides. I think during that period he was one of the coolest mother fuckers on the planet. Even if its cheesy now.

1 Like

@TheeMilkmen yeah! new pop smoke! It’s really good. Everyones posthumous albums have been dogshit but his is super good.

EDM all day, and all night, you ever hear the theory about what your unborn child listens to in the womb is what they will grow accustomed to listening? My mother went clubbing in Manhattan during the late 90’s while she was pregnant with me, and all I can listen to now is EDM, Club, House, Dubstep, Hard house, Eurobeat, basically everything except trap.

1 Like

A mutual friend said there might be a deluxe coming out pretty soon too which is exciting

1 Like