What are you listening to today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYEfP0Ev25Q

some good old proper Chemical Brothers feat. The Flaming Lips

3 Likes

My rotation has been pretty heavy with hardcore lately, but had some other stuff sprinkled around. Recommendations on what ive been jamming recently:
End - Splinters From and Ever Changing Face (HC)
Terror - Total Retaliation (HC)
Blame God - Power and Control (HC)
Meth. - Mother of Red Light (HC/Noise/Mathcore)
Embrace Your Punishment - Nameless King (Death/Slam)
Virulent Depravity - Fruit of the Poisoned Tree (Tech Death)
Roman Ring- The Halogen (Tech Death)
Neptunus - Planetary Annihilation (Tech Death)
Goreworm - Prodigy of the Grotesque (Tech Death)
Numenorean - Adore (Black Metal)
Grima - Will of the Primordial (Black Metal)
Saor - Forgotten Paths (Black Metal)
Throes - In the Hands of an Angry God (HC/Death/Sludge)
Seizures - Reverie of the Revolving Diamond (Mathcore)
Sectioned - Annihilated (Mathcore/HC)
Sleepsculptor - Entry: Dispersal (Mathcore/Metalcore)
ACxDC - Satan is King (Powerviolence/Grind)
Gets Worse - Snubbed (Powerviolence/Grind)
Protest the Hero - Palimpsest (Prog/Tech Metal)

2 Likes

@kimslawson saw Chemical Brothers a couple years opening for tool. Pretty random cause i didnā€™t see the bill but it was badass none the less.

1 Like

If Iā€™m listening to something, itā€™s generally a mix by Asthenic on youtube.

@CosmicKira so you are a mix man huh

@AllOfTheMeat Ill def check some of these out!!!

1 Like

I tend to go for music, that has minimal to no vocals.

1 Like

@CosmicKira Gotcha gotcha! what is about that type of music that you enjoy? does something about voices singing annoy you? fascinating!

I listen for the melodies. I find that lyrics take away from the melodies, more often, then they benefit it. Plus a melody can be timeless, where as lyrics can quickly become dated.

1 Like

Very intriguing. I understand your point. Does that mean you enjoy classical as well or just more modern music eletronic music. @CosmicKira

I do enjoy classical from time to time. I also enjoy bands like Polyphia (Euphoria, is a good example of a song, that I like from them.), but they are in short supply.

Edit:
I also enjoy orchestral / orchestral instrument / acoustic covers of modern music.

Prague Cello Quartet, Lindsy Sterling, Sori1004jy (JiYoun Kim) to name a few.

2 Likes

@CosmicKira yeah Polyphia is dope. You should check out CHON! CHON - Perfect Pillow - YouTube

Bon Iver and St. Vincent - Roslyn

1 Like

@Fattire Yessir. can not go wrong there. A few of my favorites individually by them:
Bon Iver - Re: Stacks Bon Iver - Re: Stacks - Live @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary 9/27/09 in HD - YouTube
I am not one for live over studio but you cannot ignore the vibe on this one.

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy - YouTube
St. Vincent - These Days (Live) St. Vincent - These Days (DUMBO Session) (Nico Cover) - YouTube
one of the best covers I have ever heard.

Enjoy and welcome to Keebtalk!

Hmm, CHON sound pretty detailed, but I feel like their mid range is lacking / muted / muffledā€¦ Will have to give them a listen tonight, when I have a better option then my QC25ā€™s

Check out their newest album that is self titled. I think you will like it. @CosmicKira

Iā€™ve been re-listening to the Royal Republic discography the past few days. Fantastic band if you like pop rock, especially their latest 2 albums. Their first two are moreā€¦ grunge? punk? For how much rock I listen to youā€™d think I would know how to categorize the subgenres :sweat_smile:

That one is better. Wasnā€™t sure if the muted mids were intentional, or a result of the noisy environment, that I work in.

FWIW, Iā€™m a big fan of being able to clearly discern the the whole audio range and prefer the typical bright Beyerdynamic sound to the Harman Kardon curve, when it comes to headphones.

Now playing: Roxette ā€” June Afternoon

(Even though itā€™s already July and late evening here. ā€œNever gets darkā€ is also not true as I donā€™t live in Scandinavia. :wink:)

I though kinda feel old school after having skimmed through this thread. The only things I could relate to so far are these two mentions:

1 Like

Iā€™m listening to the KLF / Justified Ancients of Īœu Mu today, does that count as old school?

2 Likes