What are you listening to today?

This guy, Adolf Namura.

His catalog is essentially a series of love letters to the original PlayStation.

He’s got some neat videos, too.

2 Likes

I’m going to buck convention here (seemingly mostly music) to say that right now I’m listening to a podcast: John Gruber and Adam Lisagor on the latest episode of The Talk Show (talking about WWDC 2020 and sounds in user interfaces).

2 Likes

This is usually streaming on a TV or monitor somewhere in my house. The cinematography is definitely appreciated during those long conference calls.

3 Likes

The new Glass Animals album dropped today. It’s good. So far the track Space Ghost Coast to Coast is my fav.

2 Likes

Lately it’s been a lot of Korean pop, specifically bubblegum pop as I enjoy the sparkly and energetic tones that bubblegum Korean pop brings out.

Some notable ones are Cherry Bullet’s ‘Really Really’, fromis_9’s ‘Love Bomb’, LOONA’s ‘Hi High’, & WJSN’s ‘Happy’.

1 Like

Figure this would be easier

2 Likes

Friends! I am so sorry I was not able to reply to everyone sooner! I just started my new job and had a bunch going on! I hope all of you are fantastic and well. I will be listening to what you guys linked and said! Thank you for keeping this thread alive. Makes me feel good @XTaran @kimslawson @Deadeye @ajoflo @givemeyourshoes @habbang @5thoughts

7 Likes

I can’t stop listening to the new Phoebe Bridgers album, it’s wonderful. I know the end is easily the best song to come out in recent memory. The video is great too.

2 Likes

New Washed Out album has been on repeat for me the last two days. Such good summer vibes.

4 Likes

Oh dang I didn’t know that was out I loved washed out, paracosm is one of my favorite albums ever

2 Likes

litterally this :joy: not my channel.

5 Likes

Watched this movie and these songs have been lingering in my head like echoes…

1 Like

So there are others which can loop the same song nearly endlessly, too. Good to hear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One of the songs I did this with about a week or two ago when it was up to 35°C outside, was “36°” by 2raumwohnung (yeah, the band called themselves “two room flat”) and it’s about high summer temperature and the fun you can have during it. :grin:

For all you championship air guitarists out there :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Not music, but It’s what I listened to on the way to the office this morning.

1 Like

Today I listen to The Empire Strikes First with Bad Religion. IMO it’s one of those albums were all songs are good (or close to).

1 Like

I’m listening to FM-84’s Atlas with a side of nostalgia.

1 Like

METZ - Atlas Vending.

Been listening to Herodotus on audible while I do chores.

I’m a history buff and got my master’s in Ancient History at St. Andrews in Scotland.

Anyway, the Athenians just smashed the Persians at Marathon and now Xerxes is plotting revenge. This is some grade A shit.

2 Likes

non music:

Notable Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5d8bnvO2JQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odh_m7huLO4

3 Likes